Author Topic: I'm dissapointed with us!  (Read 23417 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
I'm dissapointed with us!
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:23:23 pm »
this site is very slow and dead...what's up guys?  i know we have jobs and lives outside a forum but it seems very stale here?  i feel i post posts along a with a few others just to keep it ticking over ha ha. besides the point... need we advertise the club a bit more?  i'm also disapointed with the number of people saying they will come to the g40 rally in august?!  surely more people can come than the 6 or 7 currently claiming they will come.  i know g40's are few and far between and let us not forget many will be owned by people who  wont even use a computer!  but that image we saw a while back of the portugease turn out was impressive...can we not be inspired by such things?!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:26:18 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:46:08 pm »
i agree, we need to canvass more to get people on here and post decent stuff

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:49:43 pm »
[quote pid=1842 author=peteg40 date=1214167568]i agree, we need to canvass more to get people on here and post decent stuff[/quote]

there is no harm in advertising it on club polo is there and other sites? whats peoples opinions?

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:54:39 pm »
fine - just as long as it stays similar in content

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 10:02:30 pm »
it seems a bit cheeky just putting a thread on clubpolo advertising this place.  since I've kind of ended up helping them get the server sorted out it might also seem like some kind of abuse of power of something if I did it.  I've no objection to someone else starting a thread though!  Although no doubt someone on there will moan about it.

Otherwise, I'll take the club banner to BVF and see if we get any interest.  What other ideas does anyone have ofr getting the club more well known?

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:19:29 pm »
well ive just plugged the website on there.  i don't think it sounds cheeky.  check it out.  of course someone will moan about it lol

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 10:21:16 pm »
[quote pid=1846 author=hayesey date=1214168550]
Otherwise, I'll take the club banner to BVF and see if we get any interest.  What other ideas does anyone have ofr getting the club more well known?[/quote]

its difficult cos you can hardly post flyers around your neighbourhood can you. lol

Offline Max

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 11:21:37 pm »
Alot of the G40 owners still post on CP (me included), and theres still loads of G40 specific posts on there, which should really be on here!  I think we need to get more of a community feeling on here but it comes with time I guess.  But things like the G40 Rally will really help out.

I would come to the Rally but not sure if the car will be working lol

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 01:47:20 am »
I've stopped posting on CP since this place came about. Sick of people talking trash over there, and anything useful I can pick up from threads here anyway. Otherwise I'm wading through threads about rat look Mk4s and stretched tyres. YAWN.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:49:04 am by Alex »

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 12:15:28 pm »
i only follow 3 or 4 threads at the minute. might go and recruit that miglo fellow with the eaton conversion.

its the first thread in ages where I have been genuinely interested in what happens. I picked up quite abit of knowledge, like to think I helped him out too. Also abit of ingenuity which is always a good thing.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 02:35:20 pm »
yeah im bored of CP to many people on there with no taste and cant take a bad opinion. and i want to hear about proper conversion with more details!

i know there is a facebook clubg40 thing but is there a myspace bebo shit may help advertise!

and also if you want more people who are interested in proper modification and stuff try not to put such big threads your self on other forums like CP maybe try and put smaller posts with a pic and then put a link to the full thread on here!

also when any one ask's for technical advise on g40's always point them in this direction for the answer instead of replying the answer on other forums.

and try changing your avatars to the clubg40 banner on any forums you use for a month or so?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:48:47 pm by cheddarcheese »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 07:42:38 pm »
club g40 avatars on club polo is a good idea!  Nice and crafty.  Although I like my current Happy Mondays avatar

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 09:39:46 pm »
good ideas there. well i've changed my avatar as advised and will start pointing people to here when advise is needed for g40's...i think quite a fw people just still don't know about the site.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
ill put the glub g40 logo on my myspace

Offline G40_FUNK

• Members
  • Chris
Simple, go on all the VW sites, find G40 owners and PM them about the club.  Simular with ebay: find any specific G40 parts or cars, wait until bidding has ended and it will state the winner - PM them.  Also if you have your website address on your profile, google does a search and the club address moves the listings.  So register on other clubs and under pics of ya car put www.polog40.co.uk.

The other thing you should do is flyer G40 at shows.  There should be a downloadable page where you can print off flyers.  Adverts in magazines cost a lot - expect to pay over 150 quid even for a small one.