Author Topic: I'm dissapointed with us!  (Read 23421 times)

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 11:04:03 am »
This forum is un approachable, very cold shouldered and can seem unfriendly
I come here to lurk, learn, get/find out information from those with experience and knowledge
I'm all for serious but not all the time, hence why I use other forums on a more regular basis
Might be an age thing? I don't know.
I am also not the only G40 owner with this opinion, just so you are aware.

Where is the rolling day and how much is it?
I don't really want to road until my charger has been serviced but I am very tempted :)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 11:29:56 am »
sorry people feel like that.  It may be that people's meaning doesn't always carry in written as opposed to spoken word - or that a number of us already know each other from shows etc over the years...

but events such as the rolling road day allow some time for people to put faces to names and have a good craic.  I'm looking forward to meeting new people.

The rr day is £25 a run at aldon automotive in the west midlands - brierley hill.   The only other thing to stress is while we (people who work on club g40 behind the scenes) put some of the organisation in, events such as the Peaks Rally we did and this RR day are only a success if members make them so...

Speech ended!!! hope to see people there!

Pete

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2008, 07:21:29 pm »
"This forum is un approachable, very cold shouldered and can seem unfriendly"

where you get that from???

this forum is none of them!

im shocked that anyone has even said that

Offline Max

• Members
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »
This forum is far from any of those in my opinion!
Its good on here as its actually civilised unlike the usual crap seen on most other forums

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2008, 11:13:41 pm »
its a bit ironic really because reading your post again if i had to round up how you come across i would say

un approachable, cold shouldered, unfriendly

please do elaborate on what you mean of how you have been made to feel that way?

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:01 am »
Constructive criticism, not a personal dig DKnight so calm yourself and I didn't once say it wasn't good on here and my post wasn't blunt or aimed at anyone
I agree it is civilised and it a great forum for information and learning for 40 virgins like myself
It's my opinion on how this forum is and how some people comes across, hence why I am attending the rolling day to see if it changes my opinion and it's good to put names to faces and meet members

I think most personal clubs are the same though from what I've heard from numerous VW owners

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 10:25:07 am »
nice one - be good to get lots of g's together.  I'll be bringing club g40 merchandise too so people can buy lube, dvds, stickers, belts etc too!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2008, 11:43:11 am »
I'll be bringing club g40 merchandise too so people can buy lube, dvds, stickers, belts etc too!

DVDs?
Uh Oh... There goes all my spare cash :D

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2008, 06:41:12 pm »
But if this place became too laid back, then all we'd be looking at is threads full of useless crap and a pointless waste of bandwith imo.

I wouldnt say unapproachable is true at all. I ask questions here as my car skills are seriously scary, i dont know most of the people if i saw them in the street yet they take time to answer my questions which is more than you get from cp at times!

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2008, 09:51:30 pm »
love this site now check it almost every day! great stuff!

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2008, 09:53:27 pm »
Yeah I stopped using Club Polo regularly when this place opened. I like it on here, I just wish I could make it to more events.  :-\

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2008, 01:03:16 pm »
nice one - be good to get lots of g's together.  I'll be bringing club g40 merchandise too so people can buy lube, dvds, stickers, belts etc too!

lube an DVD's..........

i like the sound of that ha ha