Author Topic: I'm dissapointed with us!  (Read 23520 times)

Offline Rob

• Members
Ok so i was doing my usual thing and milling around -  stumbled across this thread so thought id better sign up and stop being my usual illusive self  lol  :D

my name is Rob, Im from essex and i have a cute little red G40. Ive owned it for around 4 years now (I think... grrr god dam shitty memory lol) Spends most of its time in the shed feeling unloved. And before this one i had another red g for a couple of years - which Henry now ownes.

Im gonna stop here as i feel like i should be in an alcaholics annonimus meeting LOL

But HI anyhow   :D  :D

Bigup all the likely culprits - Yoof, Henry, Andy, Haysey, Marshall, phil, Polo D, Raw, Sally, Karlos, ppp :ph34r:  etc etc etc
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:51:05 am by Rob »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:02:40 am by hayesey »

Offline Rob

• Members
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:36:34 am by Rob »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb

Offline Rob

• Members
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:14:15 am by Rob »

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
I've been a regular on CP since the Porka days.
However, IMO there are fewer and fewer decent, interesting projects and knowledgable people on there now. Basically I think its because there are a lot more people on there now, many of them very young with the Polo as their first car. Typically, a lot of them are more into what looks good (or "scene") rather than being technically interested. I can understand that, but its all the shit that goes with it that gets on my tits.
Most just want to talk about fitting 175/50 tyres on 8" wheels, and "slamming" the suspension. Then there's bullshitting about being quicker than a Saxo VTR in their 6n 1.4 8 valve and generally slating anything non VAG (in particular anything French) unless its a supercar or something.
I really hope this site can take off from where the old PSD one left off. It certainly seems to be heading that way which can only be good.
I look on here everyday now and try and post if I can help out, or need advise.
I've also recently discovered Retro Rides. Now this is a brilliant site that has some fantastic build threads. Highly recommend this one to anyone interested in the old modified stuff.

Cheers,
Richard.

Offline Tommyk

• Members
  • will i ever finish the project!!!
[quote pid=2073 author=bushyg40 date=1214838060]ill put the glub g40 logo on my myspace[/quote]

yeah ill do that too, also on facebook an CP!

juan

i thought id add my two pence, I think this forums great, granted its a little slow (but there arent really that many g40's left, plus not everyone is on an internet forum) also on here when you do ask questions you get good info :D

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
I think the fact that we've got 360+ members when there's less G40s than that left on the road is pretty damn good!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
[quote pid=4412 author=hayesey date=1222339482]I think the fact that we've got 360+ members when there's less G40s than that left on the road is pretty damn good![/quote]

I agree.
How many 40's are suppost to be left in the UK now? Is it a couple of hundred?

juan

I heard somewhere thats there's about 250 g40's.

Ps; spend a bit of time on clubpolo and you will appreciate this site more :)

Quote from clubpolo: "what tyres shall i use to get stretch on my 5" wide rims?"

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: I'm dissapointed with us!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 05:11:39 pm »
This site is tons better than cp. I'm sorry i had to say that, but i feel its true. I'm a complete novice mechanically and every thread i've posted up asking a question which is probably very simpe to some people, gets answered and broken down for me to understand so thanks guys (& girls!)

searching through a page of threads which are basically asking the same question is so f'in boring! I soon revert back to here as the info i read is alot more useful to me (although compression ratios are still way above my head!)

i meant to make it to the rally but our finances said otherwise. Was well cheesed off that i had to abandon the idea too.

Already started to point people on cp this way when asking a G related question. Hopefully we can draw more people in and create an atmosphere to our own liking.

Jon  ;)

Offline dubpolishers

• Members
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 08:31:46 am »
i agree thought it would have been more people on it.. with more advice.. seams to be be abit shy..

Offline g40_jez

• Members
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 01:30:17 am »
Seems like a good time to raise my ugly head.
I've moved over from the dark side too...

This establishment appears to be frequented by a better class of clientele, dontcha know.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 10:05:45 am »
everyone - this should be a community not just a forum.  Get yourselves down to the rolling road day on  15th november!!!!