Author Topic: Poly Engine Mounts  (Read 21003 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
Poly Engine Mounts
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:15:11 pm »
I have commandeered the old PSD order for Mk1-3 Polo Polyurethane Engine Mounts.

Steve managed to haggle them down to about £16 a unit, although he was planning on buying 90 units.

They offered me 20 units, delivered to my door for £572.50. £28.60 each if you were wondering. At that price I am not interested although I am going to get haggling and see if I can get the unit cost price to <£20. I could probably buy all 20 and sell them on although I don't want the hassle of dealing with numpties.

That quote was inclusive of taxes and overnight shipping. Cash in hand, slow delivery etc should see the price drop. With the amount of shows etc coming I am sure we can distribute them between ourselves.

If I can get the price down to £20 Steve wants 3, I want 3, Pinches will have 2. So that leaves 4 sets [12 units] up for grabs.

How many people want some and what sort of price you willing to pay. Obviously the more we buy the cheaper the price
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:42:57 pm by giorgio »

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »
What 'poly' are they being made from?

Have you tested any of them yet?

Who is making them?

And what lifetime/gaurentee will I get for my cash?

I've just sent in plans for some to be made, they'll be more than that cost, which is why I'm asking the questions above. There's little point (in my opinion) in selling a product that has never been tested properly- imagine the cost when 20 people ask you for thier money back and then extra cash because their enigne just fell out.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:38:57 pm »
*what he said* lol

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:07:45 pm »
Pete I did recall you mentioning possible production although all went quiet at the PPP camp so I just sent the email thinking you have dropped the idea.

What 'poly' are they being made from?

Not sure what you mean by 'what poly'. They are 55 on the A-Scale if your wanting to know the hardness.

Have you tested any of them yet?

Joe Kaluza has tested a full set, and from what I was told he has been more than pleased and he has been running them for a fair while.

Who is making them?

Custom Moulded Polyurethane Ltd
www.custompolyurethane.co.uk

And what lifetime/gaurentee will I get for my cash?

I am taking no responsibility for the product. If Steve/PSD was willing to put his name and a few grand on the line then thats all I need to know in terms of quality.

I am making no money on the items, hence my complete transparency, I am only made this thread to help fellow club members out. Its not 20 people its 20 units, and I am only after 4 people if you want to look at it that way. Gentleman's agreements sold in good faith.

Offline Insight G40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:31:20 pm »
Put me down for a set, ie 3 Giorgio.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:26:07 am »
I am definately in!!

I was told that these faired really well under testing!! Not as hard as the Cup versions but hard enough to give a firm mounting for road and track work alike..

Maybe someine could get Joe Kaluza to give a short quote on his findings just for interests sake?

3 for me please Giorgio.....

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:30:00 am by jez1272gt »

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 12:25:26 pm »
There I was at work checking my emails [was supposed to be putting Charlie and Lola on for the kiddies] and I read the reviewed quote of £19 each. I nearly fell of the chair laughing.

So folks is £19 each with them all delivered to my house. So thats £57 for a set of 3 set.

Minimum order of 20 units.

Giorgio        3
Steve PSD   3
Rob             3
Pinches        2
Jez               3

Total           14

That leaves 6 units, 2 sets, up for grabs.

if people could spread the word via msn etc then nobody can miss out the oppertunity. Not wanting to create some kind of PolyBush-Clique but would rather people who are serious were the only people who are involved. Will happily increase the order if you are willing to stump up the cash for a friend. That way i am only chasing 7 or so people.

will accept gaypal if you cover the cost [£2.30] Although online bank transfer is my preferred method.

As soon as I get the cash we are good to go.

No idea how to find this Joe character if I am honest  <_<

Offline SteG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:52:27 pm »
I will have a set too please.

Offline Max

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 04:55:52 pm »
Me also, have confirmed over the phone aswell.

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:46:51 pm »
Giorgio Demetriou
Barclays Bank
Sort Code: 20-92-54
Acc No: 60003522

alternatively giorgio.demetriou@gmail.com for PayPal. Please dont forget to add the money for their robbery fees. I know it seems like I am being petty but it actually going to end up about 20 quid down if nobody pays them.

Hopefully I can get the money sorted out and sent by this weekend

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 07:59:50 pm »
I'll have 3 of these as well please, seeing as though these are effectively the PSD ones. Will wire you the monies a litte later. Are they gonna be red in colour?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:01:14 pm by Nick_S »

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 08:18:11 pm »
see bottom of the topic
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:53:24 pm by giorgio »

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 08:22:52 pm »
[quote pid=2282 author=Nick_S date=1215543590]I'll have 3 of these as well please, seeing as though these are effectively the PSD ones. Will wire you the monies a litte later. Are they gonna be red in colour?[/quote]

Nick I never specified which colour I wanted so assume they are going to be the same red as PSD had ordered. I have asked for them in black but will see what happens. I am not overly concerned anyway.
I will go ahead with an order of 24 units [8 Sets] and will add Pinches onto the end if we can get them in black
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:41:45 pm by giorgio »

Offline SteG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Engine Mounts
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 08:32:35 pm »
Giorgio am I on that list or not i did put my name down further up. Need to know if i'm sending you any money tomorrow or not.

Offline giorgio

• Members
sorry steve - list amended