Author Topic: Poly Engine Mounts  (Read 21002 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
Sal -

1. How did you pay as nothing has come on paypal/my bank

2. I owe rob some money so you only need to pay £37

Offline G-spot

• Members
[quote pid=2542 author=giorgio date=1216378076]I will add you to the list but to be honest the chance of 3 people deciding they don't want a set is pretty slim.[/quote]
if it turns out to be 4 people then add me too, wish I'd said yes on the early posts!

Offline giorgio

• Members
Just like to say I didnt stop the GB early to be spiteful or elitist.
I wanted it to be as quick and easy as possible. If I was selling them on at a profit then I would of dragged this group buy out for a few weeks over several forums. I announced it on the monday and the cheque was sent out on the Friday.

I would not go as far as to say it was an invitation only GB although people who I know wouldn't mess about were told personally, hence the list being filled overnight.

Offline giorgio

• Members
Email from the supplier

Hi Giorgio,
Your job has been started and we have 10 parts cast to date. We aim to complete by this time next week. Please advise your delivery address. I must find time to bank your cheque , which is still on my desk !

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:42:24 pm by giorgio »

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
Just to clear this up Giorgio, are you not going to do another group buy in the future for these mounts? Is it because its too much hassle?
Now the company making them have the mould, will they put them into production or is it just this one off batch?
Cheers,
Richard.

Offline giorgio

• Members
As I said in my first post I only needed 4 people to meet the minimum production requirements. Everything is being done at cost price and I am organising individually posting them out myself.

The people involved are people I speak to outside the forum (except a few). I announced the GB on the Monday and by Friday I had sent the cheque off. This is what I wanted from a GB. No 'im getting paid next week' etc.

When i spoke to Steve 30 was the maximum that could be produced with the disposable tooling. If we went for any more then tooling costs would be around £120, although unit cost would fall.

I am not going to go into too much detail as to the financial agreement I came to although I doubt they will do many more deals at this price. Its not 'the hassle' I was just collecting money. Although to have to collect over £500 of a dozen people I dont know, then post them out for absolutely nothing really isnt worth my time.

If your willing to make one single payment to me and then organise it yourself then I might be able to sort it out for you.

Offline Robga

• Members
Ive spoken to Custom Moulded Polyurethane Ltd and the guy says that they will do another batch. Here is the link to the new group buy. http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=428

Cheers

Rob

Offline giorgio

• Members
Spoke to my guy and the order has been completed. Shall be sent out to me in the next few days

Offline giorgio

• Members
Our order arrived this morning. :wub:

Quite funny how they even have the VW part numbers/stamps copied onto the mould  LOL

If you sent me the extra money for postage send me a PM with your address. I am hoping the £3 covers the postage...

Offline giorgio

• Members
everybody who has sent me an address is bagged up ready to go. Pinches I will bag your up tomorrow.

I will be at edition most of the weekend so will take the rest and we can play it by ear

Offline lance

• Members

Offline Max

• Members