Author Topic: i've just bought my first g40 and im having a little problem, please help!!  (Read 3659 times)

Offline jakeg40

• Members
hey guys,
i have just purchased my first g40. it has been stored in a garage for the past 8 years and has 40k on it. it was all mot'd and the brakes all done prior to me buying. but during the 5 hour trip back home (of which i had a grin from ear to ear)i was taking it easy because of the length its been stood, but ive noticed it seems to bog down a little when accelerating up the box, then picks up again. the roll on is fanstastic, pulls like a train but im just a little concerned to what this may be. there is a little whine coming from under wer the fuel filler is (petrol pump maybe?) could this have anything to do with it? can anyone help??
cheers,
jake.

Offline Max

• Members
Re: i've just bought my first g40 and im having a little problem, please help!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:43:11 pm »
I would look at having things like the fuel pump and lines re done, what about the supercharger, any info on it?
8 years is along time to sit.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
definately sounds like a fuel pump issue, the whine is a tell tale sign it is on its way out, i bit bullet and just bought a new one for mine and it was the best spent money on my car. If the problem persists get a fuel pressure guage on it and that will tell you, but a car stood for that long i would be overhauling alot of serviceable parts

look forward to more info and pictures

Dan

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
i'd say could be a dodgy ground or ignitiion either.

The fuel pump does whine a little normally

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
it aint that red one off ebay is it?

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Is the petrol 8 years old? Mine was hesitating and bogging down slightly at part throttle last week after I ran it on 95 ron. Put some v power in at the weekend and its as smooth as now.

Offline jakeg40

• Members
cheers for the advice guys, i did think that the whiney pump could have something to do with it.

p.s. yes it is the red one that was on ebay, other than a couple of teething problems i cant fault it. chuffed to bits.
what did you think of it?
get some pictures up soon :-)

thanks again,
jake.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
like pete said it sounds more ignition related to me.  Are the spark plugs and leads the old ones? I'd replace them anyway.  The fuel pump does whine and you're most likely to encounter problems with fuelling on full throttle on boost.  If it's misfiring or hesitating at all on full throttle I'd worry about the fuel pump and you should replace it ASAP.  It's a good piece of mind to replace the pumps anyway since if they fail it can trash the engine.  Also, if the fuel filter is the one that was on the car as it sat for 8 years then you should replace that right away.