Author Topic: Melted Piston  (Read 25573 times)

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
Re: Melted Piston
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 04:08:43 pm »
hardchargin40 I applaud your first reply.

The slag came here to lay it out as I was going back to him saying I've been adviced this, this and this, what do you think? Are they right? Are the not? What's best?
Which I don't see any harm in, as you can't always take what someone on a forum says as the solution or the best one because everyone is different when they do have the right answer. My original post says nothing about cost tbf either? I haven't asked for the cheapset option, i think you should all know by now I'm not tight when it comes to my G! At this moment in time I didn't see why a new engine is needed and that's what I was trying to get from you and then you all just said new engine ??? I think I should ask for posis and negis next time to each option so no confusion.

I can see the logic and your points and why your suggesting i do it :) but you all advice it like I'm mature, have a garage, tinkle with it myself at the weekend, hide under the hood on a sunday to get away from the wife and wait for the roast. I'm probably the not commited enough or frowned upon G40 owner you've ever met, was a dream car off mine to own so I did it! Doesn't mean I have to mechanic it because I own it, but I guess this goes into the women woning cars like this debate and what do they expect.

If i need a new engine, I'll pay for it when it needs it. The plan was to fix this and then start putting by a fund because i well know something is going to happen to it after I fix this. It had a rebuild 30k ago iirc, so ok yes it is suggesting weakness and age with other things but that comes with the history off this G too! It was sat for 3 years off its life because the owner couldn't keep fixing it after it broke everytime he fixed something else!  I don't need a spare engine, i 've got nowhere for one haha, do you get what I mean? But i know why you're saying I should have one  :D and I might even say it after it goes bang again but replacing whats broke now will make it new again and checking pump and injectors, job done. It just sent me off on one and into a pickle because i was then like, why haven't you lot been buying new engines everytime a piston goes etc!?!

At least if you buy another engine and melt that too, the chances are you will still have 4 good pistons in total.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for that  :D ;D

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 04:40:51 pm »
thanks Dirrt for, and i mean this completely honestly, a mature reply - in what is quite a tense thread

Seems that you are keen to learn and if someone is, then most of us here are more than happy to help out.

Offline grayg40

• Members
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:10 pm »
i bought another engine when 2 of my pistons started to de-grade and one peice broke off one. i only repaced the 4 pistons at that point because the engine i got was fully stripped down and in boxes. but will be rebuilding the spare puting it in then get the original engine rebored. 

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 11:28:09 pm »
thanks Dirrt for, and i mean this completely honestly, a mature reply - in what is quite a tense thread
Seems that you are keen to learn and if someone is, then most of us here are more than happy to help out.
I'm always mature when it matters Pete, which is when it counts (serious topics, personal beliefs, morals and G talk) apart from that thiz iz thee internetz clarrttt and I don't take it seriously  :P Haha :D

And thank you Pete for your continuous input, advice, support etc when I've needed it and not being a dick like some people can be and some forums are. Mind you there's always one but I think anyone has the same view on owners forums :-X You're always one that I can guarantee an answer from and to be honest... Well I'm shouting a thanks, hayesey and DK have helped me in the past too, so credit where it's due and to the others! It doesn't go unappreciated! But I can also see the slags points clearly as well. I don't need any violins but when you got 20 men telling me how i should be doing something and they all think there way is the best and only way and they can't be wrong and the advice not being the same, it's hard to know what's best if you don't know yourself ;) and it does give me a wee headache  :D All part of the learning though and owning a G!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:29:55 pm by Dirrt »

Offline chrisd

• Members
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 05:16:32 pm »
sorry to bring this post back alive but did you get it sorted dirrt as mine has just done the same and i feel in the same situation as yourself when it comes to knowledge etc etc