Author Topic: Still have timing issue but may have a breakthrough  (Read 9302 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Still have timing issue but may have a breakthrough
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15:47 pm »
Just an idea! Since u replaced the starter motor, check that the wiring isn't shorting out behind the block. I had that happen to me once where the wires came lose and melted the insulation by touching the hot engine block and it would ground itself and shortcircuit the engine to a stop. It started cutting out while moving at first, till it would stop and then it would not start again. Be very careful with wires near the started as the amps there are high enough to harm you. Disconnect the battery and check the wiring that runs behind the engine and under the inlet manifold to the starter!

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
IVE checked my earths for resistance and they all measure 0 so I’m chuffed about that as that was bothering me.ive checked all sensors and still when I unplug the blue temp sender nothing happeneds like its supposed to so that does worry me massively so that’s stopping set the ignition timing.also I’m getting no reading apart from the odd flicker from the co2 pot so I have no idea what’s going on with this dam car but it’s driving me up the wall

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 09:08:49 pm »
Do you use standard t/b or 51mm?

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 01:49:56 pm »
Standard throttle body it’s just been gas flowed and de wedged

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 12:13:34 pm »
Ok here is something that might help you! I switched over to my rebuilt distributor that has the newer sensor on it! I putted the sensor facing down (under the distributor) and then puted 1 to the nearest corresponding position to 10-11 o clock, then counter clockwise 3, 4 and 2 and that made it run.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2017, 01:45:37 pm »
THank you for that I will give that a try now