Author Topic: PSD Eaton kit re-run  (Read 25217 times)

juan

PSD Eaton kit re-run
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:32:58 pm »
As above im thinking of doing a small batch of Eaton kits depending on interest.

The kit would basically be the same as the psd kit but the pulley arrangement would be changed so that the charger pulley would be easily changeable (i.e bigger or smaller) also the bracket may be slightly thicker (to keep down machining costs).

Its just a rough idea at the moment as im currently gathering info as to how much it will cost and building up my part made kit.

The changeble pulley arrangement that im currently planning would mean you could run anywhere from say standard g40 boost all the way up to the eatons maximum and various stages inbetween.

Depending on price do you guys think there would be much interest in a small batch of psd eaton kit's.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:34:35 pm by juan »

LeonBritton123

Re: PSD Eaton kit re-run
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:43:48 pm »
Id be intrested, any idea of how much they would cost?

Offline Gary

• Members
  • just one last thing....
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 06:44:33 pm »
Pm with you...

juan

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 06:50:41 pm »
Id be intrested, any idea of how much they would cost?

not sure how much they would cost yet as im still need to talk to a couple of people about various things but they should be cheaper than the psd kit as i dont have lots of overhead costs.

I will update as i know more :), i was just putting this up to gauge interest.

Hopefully i should have a pretty firm price over christmas as ill have more time to work on it while im off uni.

juan

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:39:31 pm »
Here's some pics of what the kit the PSD eaton kit looks like.

What i may be producing will be the same but with the pulley be changeable and the plate may be thicker.

Here's some pics of the psd eaton kit:

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:09 pm »
Will this kit come with all the necessary fixtures and fitting?

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:49 pm »
i would be very very interested in a set of toothed pullys for the eaton with a 19 percent smaller charger pully. let me know if you can help at all

steven

juan

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:01:09 pm »
i would be very very interested in a set of toothed pullys for the eaton with a 19 percent smaller charger pully. let me know if you can help at all

steven

I may be able to help, but the changeable toothed system that im designing for the eaton is meant to be used in conjunction with the psd style nose cone blankng plate/mounting bracket.

juan

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:02:46 pm »
Will this kit come with all the necessary fixtures and fitting?

Yes it would, although i can't give a definite specification at the moment but im going to make the kit as comprehensive as possible.

Im also thinking of including toothed crank and alternator pulleys as part of the kit.

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:14 pm »

steven

I may be able to help, but the changeable toothed system that im designing for the eaton is meant to be used in conjunction with the psd style nose cone blankng plate/mounting bracket.

ohhh poo so does that mean i could not use the charger pully on a non psd modified charger ?

juan

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 08:11:09 pm »
nope it wouldn't work.

There may be toothed pulleys avalible for the standard eaton charger although im not sure?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:15:07 pm by juan »

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 08:14:12 pm »
ok thanks for the help anyway

steven

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 11:38:18 pm »
hey mate i would be intrested in buy a psd eaton kit ( i could do with one now lol) but when you get some made give me a shout i would be very intrested  ;D

juan

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 11:41:46 pm »
hey mate i would be intrested in buy a psd eaton kit ( i could do with one now lol) but when you get some made give me a shout i would be very intrested  ;D

cool i will update when i have more info,

i should have a definate price for the kit some time over the christmas holidays, so once ive sorted out how much its going to cost and whats included etc i will be running a group buy.

Offline Robga

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 07:49:14 pm »
Am very interested in this. Looking forward to more info/price.
Rob