Technical > Engine and Transmission

Still have timing issue but may have a breakthrough

<< < (3/8) > >>

matthg40:
Sorry there not great

GR40:
From what I see, my assumption is correct! You have a rebuilt distributor with the newer type of sensor so your cylinder 1 is 180o off from where it was in an original bosch. Try bolting it to where, the sensor is under the distributor instead of over, then pick to where the rotor is facing and set that one as cylinder number one. See if that works! If it does, and you want the sensor at the top then turn it back around and switch the plugs 180 degrees, cause in this case the rotor is showing you cylinder 4 and not number 1 at tdc.

Correction: I don't think it will work in any position other than with the sensor under the distributor. You would have to put the rotor arm 180o off too and that is not possible unless you take the distributor apart.

PS. I assume your distributor is rebuilt and someone just didn't turn the back of it around to match the new sensor. I could be wrong!

PS2. I assume you were unplugging the blue sensor when trying to time it, right?

matthg40:
So basically I need to put my sensor upside down is what your saying as it's 180 degrees out?its a eBay jobee he asked for my reg and sent what I have on the car now it's not a Bosch replacement sadly.and I've removed blue sensor when setting timing yes

GR40:
It is a possibility that the guy who rebuilt this one forgot to also turn the rotation disk that attaches to the cam 180 degrees to match the new sensor position. So yes I believe that whoever rebuilt this one might has gotten it reassembled the wrong way. Its worth a try putting it upside down.

matthg40:
Right so I'm putting the sensor at the top and which lead facing the rad 1 or 4 sorry for the questions I know my engine like the back of my hand but never done anything with the distributor or rotary arm as you can tell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version