Author Topic: The Advantages of Synthetic Oils over Mineral oils  (Read 7789 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: The Advantages of Synthetic Oils over Mineral oils
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 07:02:55 pm »
You do know the G lader doesnt use a sealed oil system, like say and eaton? It uses the engine oil. What supercharger did you test? So the fork oil you recommend is completely wrong

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »
Sounds like (if any) they tested an Eaton from a modern TFSI lump.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 08:34:11 pm »
Doesn't pressure rise with revs and therefore those giving the limiter death are more likely to subject the lader to higher oil pressures.
Pressure rises with pump revs 'til the PRV pops open - whole point of the PRV is to cap peak oil pressure.

Of course there's a limit to what the PRV can flow, but it'd be safe to assume that VW would've ensured it could flow enough to control oil pressure across the standard operating speed range of the engine.

This of course assumes the PRV is operating properly! In my G-lader experience it was always high rpm stints that did my oil seals - and that was with a standalone oil supply in the end.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 12:38:14 pm »
In my G-lader experience it was always high rpm stints that did my oil seals - and that was with a standalone oil supply in the end.

800 hours at full chat in proving; just wtf were you doing with your charger Andy? Spend your holidays on the Ring? lol.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »
Ok been doing some reading into redline 10wt, which im looking to use, is 27.2 cst @40°C. Think the pump will be able to handle it?

I could go for the 5wt 21.8 cst or the 2wt which is 11 cst but i dont think that 5wt and 2wt are really suitable as its to be used under temps of 71°C (5wt) and 65°C (2wt) whereas i might get close even above that.

Fuel is between 0-5 - 0.74 cst @ 40°C but i think it will be hard to get oil that close.

This is the data from redline:

Phosphorus, avg PPM             2500
Zinc, avg PPM                             2400
Vis @ 100°C, cSt                       5.2
Vis @ 40°C, cSt                             27.2
Viscosity Index                             130
CCS Viscosity, Poise, @*C             30@-30°C
Pour Point, °C                             -54
Pour Point, °F                             -65
Flash Point, °C                             215
Flash Point, °F                             420
NOACK Evaporation Loss,