Author Topic: Turbo cam choice - from experienced users please!  (Read 10281 times)

Offline dan1300r

• Members
Re: Turbo cam choice - from experienced users please!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 07:37:23 pm »
I know that torque x RPM / 5252 gives you a figure of HP. My dyno man will explain the run better. He said the fact that dyno was fighting to hold it back at the start of the run due to wheelspin was causing a torque spike but where you see the dip is where it gripped fully and ran clean from thereon. The hp figure is accurate as it was not wheelspinning this far up the run. This man has been around for years in Cumbria, works about 16 hours a day and comes from a motorsport background (JDM Dyno). It was me that wrote the spec on the dyno runs for input to anyone that wanted to know what I used as a platform. My man said that the torque figure is more like 250hp at the spike point as he extrapolated the graph and could work out the trend. I can provide you with a versus time print out holding RPM to better explain this (a picture speaks a thousand words). I used 250cc G60 greens on the G Lader run and switched to Bosch Blue 0280150450 350's on the turbo runs so the 315's probably won't do as the 350's were at 89% duty cycle - surely the fact that these 350's were at 89% and lean burning tells you something about the power? I will happily stick the car on your dyno when I repair it for comparison purposes, this time round it will have an ATB in it so won't need fat guys - to be getting up to 150mph on g40 clocks up hills with 3x 85kg guys in it's got to be making some power. I wish it had 6 gears as it could easily pull another.  :)

Offline dan1300r

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 07:51:00 pm »
I would love to bring it to 'The Pod' but I'm trying not to drive it with the bottom end as it has became (not an excuse to not prove it 'cause I'd eat humble pie if I had to) - it's developed horrendous blow by on no.3 and can I hell keep it in oil, catch tank full in 10 miles  :(
It's probably going to take me a year to fix as while it's apart this time it's getting forged rods in it and the ATB + uprated shaft - something I'm going to have to save up for (unless anyone wants to take a deal on a PSD f/b charger, k03 turbo and whatever else I have for their ATB). It's still on the road ATM but local runs only when I feel like upsetting evo's up the bypass  ;D

Offline dan1300r

• Members
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 08:10:07 am »
My dyno man has looked through his files and has found good straight run without wheelspin, this one was from when we first switched from the HZ cam and G40 inlet to the GT cam and inlet and without touching boost or any of the map, it instantly went up to 220 hp (this was at 18psi same as HZ run). The latest result (the 247.5hp which I posted) was with a bit more boost and a tweak on the injectors which caused all the wheelspinning