Author Topic: G40/CL Rolling Shell  (Read 8794 times)

Offline AlexG40

• Members
G40/CL Rolling Shell
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:37 pm »
Right, I'm basically at a decision making point with the car now. No-one is selling owt, and those that are can't seem to decide when or what or in some cases can't be arsed to put any effort in to securing my cash. Soooo, I'm going to put my shell up for sale on the premise that if I can get enough for it I will buy a Caterham or Westfield (something I've always wanted).

So what you get is:

Full rolling CL shell with approx 60k on it. 4 year old respray in Pearl Grey, still pretty mint, no rust, no sinking just a few stone chips and a ding that you probably wouldn't notice but I'll get fixed if required.

Full PPP weld in 6 point roll cage.
Seat Runners welded in for floor mount seats (easy enough to fit side mounts)
PPP Stage 3 subframe
FK Konigsport Coilovers
256mm Brakes with loads of life left in em
Goodridge Braided hoses front and rear
VW Steel wheels 14x6 with Toyo Proxes T1-R 195/45/14 tyres all round. Muchos tread (fronts are sub 500miles)
Lights, including matching late spec lights one euro and one UK to lose the reverse light.
Cobra Clubman Bucket seats in perfect condition.
Stack Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge
Boost Gauge
PSD Exhaust system including 4 branch.
ATV Gearbox (small leak that only showed after removing, probably disturbed a seal.)
All looms including ECU (with PPP chip to suit 1272 on toothiest and R1 Charger.)
Driveshafts and all steering gear including OMP steering wheel.
If I don't need them the OMP harnesses can go too.

There's probably more, but basically you get my car without the engine. For the right money you can have all the ancillaries including battery, VAG oil pump with a couple of thousand miles on and everything else you need to run the engine.

There's a link to the thread on the car here. The front bumper has been caught on a kerb and needs minor paint to perfect and there's a crappy plain black bumper that also comes with it.  http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5750.0.html

Money wise I need as much as I can get but I'd prefer not to break it into tiny bits and I'm not going to let anyone mug me but I would say a minimum of £2000 depending on what bits you want. I can get plenty breaking it if needs be however if you want a part of it drop me a PM and I'll record your offer, if it all totals up and it's enough to do what I want then I will.

I may decide not to sell it if the right engine comes up in the meantime as I've still got a sweet spot for the G but I can see a Westy calling me....

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:03:27 pm by AlexG40 »

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: G40/CL Rolling Shell
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:37:34 pm »
Just turbo a stock AAV lump and swap out the block if/when the right motor comes up?

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »
I'm open to ideas but I might never get the chance to do the whole 7 thing again. The cost of doing the PY-T properly is pretty crazy tbf.

Offline xrrich

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:12:24 pm »
Would be ingested in several bits and pieces if its broken ...exsaust Brakes and lines boot and bumpers could swap for my black ones if you wanted to put ones on the car such a shame tho lovely car maybe even subframe lol alot of good stuff there

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:25:28 pm »
Such a nice car this, a shame for it to end like this! I'd be up for the rear lights, the wideband and possibly the stage 3 frame all depending on the price mate.
 Id also be willing to send you my current early spec G lights if you wanted to keep the water out.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:10:01 am by etches69 »

Offline G40_Mike_

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:57 am »
Is the car still registered a CL on the logbook, has the engine change been documented on the V5. PM me if its better to answer that way.

Thanks

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:11:02 am »
It's a CL so it's still a CL on the log book. The engine is registered as a PY though.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:29 am »
i'd be interested in suspension if you break? can also probably supply some others (decent) to keep it rolling too...

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:52 am »
and gauges maybe!

Offline G40_Mike_

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 09:25:00 am »
Also where is gearbox leaking from?

Pls send me phone number

Thanks

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53:08 am »
I think the box is leaking from one of the joints in the housing. It wasn't leaking before it was removed so I can only think it's been disturbed during removal.

Pete I thought you'd be after the coilies, make me an offer. Non of your cheeky stuff either.  :D

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:17 pm »
Dude!

1272cc turbo, can't be much cash, and westy beating fun!

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 12:51:58 pm »
Dude!

1272cc turbo, can't be much cash, and westy beating fun!

After a lot of thought I decided I wouldn't go 1272 turbo. I want to go at least 1341 and BVH if I'm going to make the effort. It's not easy to find a decent 1272 bottom end to start with, miles are all high and rebuild costs aren't cheap either.  I want a 1341 turbo in the G with 190bhp minimum to make me keep it. Even then, there are further issues with brakes, diffs, clutches, driveshafts etc. It all adds up and I need to do something soon before the rest of my life gets in the way as it is slowing beginning to.

If anyone know's where that engine is then let me know!  8)

Offline G40_Mike_

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 01:36:42 pm »
Would like to view, could you send me your contact details please.

Thanks

Offline G4O LP

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 06:48:54 pm »
Is it definitley a turbo your looking for?