Author Topic: Lever, how to guide  (Read 2784 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Lever, how to guide
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:03 am »
Well if you don’t have a big lift or if you have the car lowered you are gone have space problems crawling under it as I did but here it goes!
1. First thing to do is unscrew the knob along with the leather cover
2. Crawl under the car and find the link that connects the lever rod with the gear rod. You only need to unscrew that little 10mm bolt pull it back and it comes apart! You might want to unscrew the bar located just behind the cat to make your life easier as it will come in the way later (Just four 13mm bolts and it's out)!
3. Now comes the hard part! I don't have a middle section box on the exhaust and still it gave me hell, as you now have to unscrew the four 10mm bolts that hold the lever box fixed to the car! Do the ones closer to the exhaust first in order for the other two to hold it in place otherwise it leaves even less space to get the hard ones out! I used a socket wrench with a bendable neck (and boy is it hard to use, upside down)!
4. Then Just take it out (if you try this with the car jacked up you will now understand why you should had taken the bar out)
5. Once out unscrew the two 10mm bolts at the bottom of the lever and pull it upwards until it overlaps the box and then draw it back. Now you can separate the lever from the rod
6. Hold it upside down and pull back the little ball to reveal the pin. You are supposed to be able to pull it out with a plier, well I used a hammer instead (I used the same pin when putting it back together as the one provided with the replacement kit wouldn't get in there)
7. Now its all apart. Replace the plastic ball and the metal plate (they come with the kit) and be careful not to put the plate the wrong way in as it will stop the ball from moving when screwed back together! Put it back together the same way you took it apart and center the pin so that it sits inside the ball
8. Take the lever box hold it upside down and press the bottom part out (Again used a hammer)
9. Use the new rubber seal and box and press them in place!
10. Put the new rings on and grease the little cup and the lever where it connects to the rod. It has a rubber ring there if you want you can replace that too (in my case not necessary)
Afterwards it's just a matter of putting everything back together pretty much the way they came out if you want you can replace the link of the two rods as it will improve the felling of the lever!

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Lever, how to guide
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:50:47 am »
Sorry if my use of the english languige isn't that good! And I had to make the photos as small as posible in order to load it all in one thread!