Author Topic: problem with G electrical mainly , HELP  (Read 5816 times)

Offline jake_smith

• Members
problem with G electrical mainly , HELP
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:38:50 pm »
ok , lets start again. sorry im stressting over it as i dropped the engine in a few days ago.

Pic 1 im asking is this ALL the engine bay earths? or are there more ive missed off (lamba sensor earth is attched same place as that other small earth thats attched to the bulk head)

pic 1 again, im asking what the point in this plug is?
Its basically 2 plugs that come thourgh the bulk head and plug into each other. There under the original loom take so there in teh bay from standerd if you get me. I cant understand why there not behind the bulk head. And theres a brown/green/black wire and a brown/green AND black/black wire, BUT they plug together perfectly.

pic 2 is just showing the lamba sensor earth and another earth by the bulk head

pic 3 is a plug under the dash , that i have no idea where it goes. I dont know if its not meant to connect to anything or what its just there!

pic 4 is 2 more plugs under the dash whcich i have no idea where they go. I belive one goes to the speakers as i dont have them in at the moment. but whats the white one do?

pic 5 i think this is also a speaker plug but im not sure. so i thought id may aswell ask...

pic 6 i meant to ask but forgot is that the right amount of plugs that connect to that plastic bracket? also theres a positive red wire that runs directly from the battery to that black plug in that brack its a spade connecter. I was wondering what this is for?

and thanks

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:46:17 pm by jake_smith »

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: problem with G electrical mainly , HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »
read through what you have written - and then ask yourself how the hell anyone will know what you are on about.

the 3rd picture show the engine diagnostics wiring
the 4th shows what i think is the glovebox light plug

"also what is this plug for? they come into the engine bay the same way and plug into each other. whats the point in that?"
what are you on about? youve just written over a photo! if you are refering to the 5th photo in your post - THATS THE FUSEBOX CONNECTORS!

if you help us out in making your question legible - we might be able to help!

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 09:43:22 pm »
ok , lets start again. sorry im stressting over it as i dropped the engine in a few days ago.

Pic 1 im asking is this ALL the engine bay earths? or are there more ive missed off (lamba sensor earth is attched same place as that other small earth thats attched to the bulk head)

pic 1 again, im asking what the point in this plug is?
Its basically 2 plugs that come thourgh the bulk head and plug into each other. There under the original loom take so there in teh bay from standerd if you get me. I cant understand why there not behind the bulk head. And theres a brown/green/black wire and a brown/green AND black/black wire, BUT they plug together perfectly.

pic 2 is just showing the lamba sensor earth and another earth by the bulk head

pic 3 is a plug under the dash , that i have no idea where it goes. I dont know if its not meant to connect to anything or what its just there!

pic 4 is 2 more plugs under the dash whcich i have no idea where they go. I belive one goes to the speakers as i dont have them in at the moment. but whats the white one do?

pic 5 i think this is also a speaker plug but im not sure. so i thought id may aswell ask...

pic 6 i meant to ask but forgot is that the right amount of plugs that connect to that plastic bracket? also theres a positive red wire that runs directly from the battery to that black plug in that brack its a spade connecter. I was wondering what this is for?

Sorry , and thanks

Offline NeilG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:27:51 pm »
In the first picture the top left, bottom left and bottom right are the standard earths.  The top right is one that been added by somebody, one of the wires might be going to the lambda earth though the usual thing people do with this is connect straight to the battery earth terminal.

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:32:52 pm »
Lambda sensor earth should be connected to the inlet manifold where the block connectors are held.

"pic 1 again, im asking what the point in this plug is?
Its basically 2 plugs that come thourgh the bulk head and plug into each other. There under the original loom take so there in teh bay from standerd if you get me. I cant understand why there not behind the bulk head. And theres a brown/green/black wire and a brown/green AND black/black wire, BUT they plug together perfectly."
Ive read this 4 times and i havent a clue what the fuck your on about. and you havent highlighted it in the pic - AT A COMPLETE GUESS - are you talking about the wires to the ignition amp?

Picture 2 is the wrong earth
Picture 3 isnt clear enough
Picture 4 is the diagnostics wiring and isnt connected to anything unless you plug a computer into it to do diagnostics.
picture 5 you answered yourself and is speakers
picture 6 looks correct and there isnt anything connected to the white plug unless you have foglights and the positive wire you are on about is anyones guess because - again you can see what your on about

YOU NEED TO BE CLEAR WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND YOUR PHOTOS!

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 12:15:28 am »
you know what youngprodigy. Fuck you knob.

Jesus christ

Im asking wft that plug is thats comes through the bulk head , i was hoping someone would reconise it.

Your a fucking dick mate sorry.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:12 am »
Calm down Jake. You clearly aren't going to get any assistance by slating the people trying to help you.

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 12:28:40 am »
Man , he asked me to write it out again and i did i went though every picture explaining what i was asking. Then he went off on one again.. pure prick.

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 12:30:27 am »
Lambda sensor earth should be connected to the inlet manifold where the block connectors are held.

"pic 1 again, im asking what the point in this plug is?
Its basically 2 plugs that come thourgh the bulk head and plug into each other. There under the original loom take so there in teh bay from standerd if you get me. I cant understand why there not behind the bulk head. And theres a brown/green/black wire and a brown/green AND black/black wire, BUT they plug together perfectly."
Ive read this 4 times and i havent a clue what the fuck your on about. and you havent highlighted it in the pic - AT A COMPLETE GUESS - are you talking about the wires to the ignition amp?

what do you mean i havent highlightend it? Its right in the center! next to the rocker cover.........???!!!!

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 09:01:26 am »
yer because circling 5 things in a photo obviously means you were on about the middle one.  if you had said it was the middle one - I'd have said the only connector in that area lives under the inlet manifold connected to the idle control valve.

if you start getting angry about people asking for clarity - don't be surprised if no one wants to help. like I said - get a better photo of what wires your on about coming out of the bulkhead.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 04:39:29 pm »
Man , he asked me to write it out again and i did i went though every picture explaining what i was asking. Then he went off on one again.. pure prick.

you know what youngprodigy. Fuck you knob.

Jesus christ

Im asking wft that plug is thats comes through the bulk head , i was hoping someone would reconise it.

Your a fucking dick mate sorry.

No offence fella but talking like that to people on here wont help you. I know your stressed and that but as cheys said calm down.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »
In regards to your 1st pic asking about enigne bay earths here is a list of all of the Earth locations on the car.

E1- Earthing strap- body
E2- Earthing strap- body
E3- In engine compartment, left
E4- On inlet manifold
E5- On engine block
E6- Near fuse relaybox
E7- Behind dashboard, left
E8- Luggage compartment, left
E9- In wiring loom for instruments
E10- In dashboard loom
E11- In front right wiring loom
E12- In digifant wiring loom
E13- In boot lid
E14- In front left wiring loom
E15- In headlight wiring loom
E16- In headlight wiring loom
E17- In front right wiring loom
E18- In engine compartment wiring loom
E19- In headlight wiring loom
E20- In mono jetronic wiring loom
E21- In engine compartment wiring loom
E22- In dashboard wiring loom
E23- In mono motronic wiring loom
E24- In mono motronic wiring loom
E25- In mono motronic wiring loom
E26- In foglight wiring loom
E27- In loom for dash speaker

Pic 5 is defently a speaker connection.

You said "pic 3 is a plug under the dash , that i have no idea where it goes. I dont know if its not meant to connect to anything or what its just there!"

According to haynes manual it could be the connection for the LH rear speaker or i have just checked another page and it could be Self Diagnosis socket. More than likely to be diagnostic socket.

Pic 4, Brown/red is a diagnostic plug as mine is not connected to anything.

The yellow one in my car is the same, not connected to anything. In manual it could be a diagnostic socket that is not used.

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 07:21:46 pm »
Thanks for your help jezza :)

Ill check those earth's because when i turn my ignition on i have no fuel pump prime , but the ful pump does work as ive tested it, also the car has no spark and ive tried 2 coil packs and 2 dizzy and no luck. So do you reckon maybe a dodgy earth is stopping the fuel pump working and it not ssparking? But all dash lights do work , headlights work , horn works , everything else seems to work.

Also any idea what that plug is thats circled in the middle of that pic of posted. It comes into the bulk head and just plugs into each other.. i cant see the point in this, but iits obviously there from scratch as its under the original loom tape.

Thanks mate

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 07:26:45 pm »

Also any idea what that plug is thats circled in the middle of that pic of posted. It comes into the bulk head and just plugs into each other.. i cant see the point in this, but iits obviously there from scratch as its under the original loom tape.

The 1st pic?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:27 pm »
This is what my bay looks like

#

But im not sure about them wires.

What colour are they and how many are there. I will go have a look around if it doesnt get too dark soon.