Author Topic: problem with G electrical mainly , HELP  (Read 5812 times)

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: problem with G electrical mainly , HELP
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 08:02:54 pm »
if your fuel pump isnt working its more likely to be due to a dodgy fuel pump relay rather then any of them wires at all.
the ecu turns the pump on and also provides the spark aswell - have you checked the ecu relay?
Do you have a multimeter?

Offline pettsy

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 08:05:08 pm »
i've read this a couple of times, and im not quite sure what questions are left outstanding? Might have been easier if you'd wrote the questions underneath each picture it related to? Anyhow...

Pic 3....Speaker or Brake light switch?

If all of this is going in a mk3,why have you changed all of the interior dash loom,i thought they were all the same?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 08:23:11 pm »
100% not a brake light switch!

pic 4 is the diagnostics
pics 5 and 3 i think are both front speakers left and right - as they are both sleeved in that foam stuff - my haynes says that the wires should be RED+ BROWN/WHITE and the other BLUE + BROWN/BLUE
is that wiring red and brown/white on pic3

this may help you chase what the other engine wires are
IMAGE REMOVED

save it and then view it for full size and this will be deleted in the next 2hrs as im not getting caught for posting this
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:20:32 pm by youngprodigys »

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »
If your fuel pump is not priming and you have no spark try swapping the plugs near the coil. They fit together two ways. One way works and the other way causes your symptoms. 

Offline g40willa

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 09:31:52 am »
Alex that one got me last year. thats when I learned: no matter how well those plugs fit together if the wire colours are wrong it won't flippin work haha. good shout.

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 05:49:17 pm »
If your fuel pump is not priming and you have no spark try swapping the plugs near the coil. They fit together two ways. One way works and the other way causes your symptoms. 

mate what plug is this exactly? this sound exactly my problem.....!

If possible text me the plug with the wire colours please 07502243812.

Im that desperate to get it running ahha

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »
heres a better picture of this plug.. just for you prodigy ;)

Anyway:

listen carfully haha , on the left of the plug the colours are black , green and brown and the other side of the plug the wire colours are black, green AND black , and brown

The plugs come through the bulk head toghether and connect straight into each other perfectly.. and i cannot find another plug for them to go into. Now either im missing something or this is right? which i still dont see what the point of them is in coming through the bulk head.

Hope you understand , thanks

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 06:43:05 pm »
3 wire plug to the coil is black, black/green, and brown. As shown in the Haynes manual, which youngprodigys posted for you. And confirmed (or so I thought!) by my shonky labelling.

The other 3 wire plug which is exactly the same but doesn't plug into the coil is black, black/red, and brown - the other half of this connector is black, green, and brown (I believe this is correct, my loom is off the car, and I now hope it all goes back together OK!).

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »
Man i had it the wrong way around , havent checked for a spark yet as my battery is dead but my mate should be here in a min and i can borrow his.

This should be FAQ because the plug look as if they match which they do but there still wrong.

Thanks alot for this , ill get back to you within the hour and let you know the good or bad news thanks mate :D

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
It's the most common wiring mishap when doing engine conversions or refitting, comes up time and time again, so yeah defo needs a FAQ for it. ;D :D

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 07:06:13 pm »
hmm still no fuel pump prime , but turned the engine over slowey and couldnt see a spark. But i dunno weather thats because the engine was turning over so slowly...!

prodigy , when you say change them fuse boxes your mean them little silver boxes next to the ecu? i do have 2 spare ones of those..!

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:49 pm »
THAT IS THE IGNITION WIRING! i did say mate "at a complete guess" earlier. if you cant see you cant say!
theres 2 connectors by the ignition coil, swap them over as suggested!

if i remember rightly the connectors supplys the following

One of connectors provide the following
1-power to the Ignition amp
2-Earth to ignition amp
3-Spark signal
the other connector provides
1-power to ECU
2-Earth to ECU
3-Tacho signal to clocks.

both are identical plugs and if im right next to each other on the ignition amp block. mine wiring has been hidden so i cant just look anymore.
Itshould make your fuel pump prime as you will have power to the ECU. if not you will need to check you have power going to the ECU. do you have a multimeter? and also check the fuse above the little silver boxes (there called relays btw)

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:41 pm »
i kinda new they were relyas just wernt 100% sure on it as i cant remember , hearing them click etc.

Anyway , we now have spark thanks to changing those plugs around.

And we now have fuel pump prime thanks to me taking out the fuel pump cut off switch that some idiot decided to put in the car before i bought the shell..

thanks

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 09:27:42 am »
So is it starting then?

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 11:16:11 pm »
Been out in it all night , my fist G experiance.

Oh my hahahaha what a lil beastttttt! so quick

FAQ is needed about them plugs. Because it put off driving my car for a week. Dont want the same to happen to someone else.