Author Topic: pps sub frames  (Read 11503 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
pps sub frames
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »
I recently bought a 2nd hand (6mnth old) pps frame now I know it's not new so I wasn't expecting a1 condition but I would just like to say the welds look very messey and untidy. The welding on the gearbox mount had cracked. And one of the spherical bearings is completley seized and the other felt ropey only after 6 months!! I got it because it was cheap wish I hadn't now!! I know the spherical bearings can have boots over them wich i am going to buy n fit but the welding realy was very un impressive !
Just in my experince maybe this was a bad one n the rest of them are good buy that's what mines like !!

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: pps sub frames
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:47:44 pm »

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:30 pm »
We have a coded welder manafacture ours, and use the correct rubber boots. Avoids both of the above problems.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:33:13 pm »
your damn right yoof realy wish id bought one of yours now !! and if i can get a refund i will buy one of yours !! you got any left ??

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »
looks like i have been welding that with my smart gassless welder lol, saying that it looks even worse than my efforts!

surely he cant sell them like that! its unsafe! sure nobodu else has been at it?

when it come to buying a subframe, for me there was only one choice, a ppp one as the workmanship on it is second to non and have been tried and tested for years.

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:42:14 pm »
sorry to hijack boys, but any word on thoose stage 3 frames yoof

cheers

Offline Weeman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:54:19 pm »
I have to say, it does look like someone has been playing with that... The welds on mine are spot on, plus my gearbox mount looks nothing like that!! It looks like someone has deffinately bodged that about. Plus mine came with boots...

I think you need to have a word with whoever you bought it from before you go complaining about the workmanship of the frame originally.

Did you not see pics of the frame before you bought it?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:56:24 pm »
yea i did and i did ask about the quality of the welds n rose joints i was then told that they where all fine n dandy i didnt see close up pics of every weld joint and you cant test a rose joint through a picture ! i have complained to the person i bought it from i have aslo sent the pictures to stuart who makes them to see what he thinks as all the other stuff ive herd have been great about his frames

Offline Weeman

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »
Did you pay via paypal? If so get a complaint raised saying good are not as discribed. If you have pics and your email then the seller doesn't really have a leg to stand on and you should get your money back...

Hope you can get it sorted!!

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 11:14:33 pm »
ive spoken to the seller and they offered me some cash £30 to re weld the gearbox mount and replace both rose joints , ive also emailed stuart who amkes them to see what he says.and stupidly i paid him as a gift to avoid fees so i think i may not even have a leg to stand on there !!

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:54 pm »
looks like not enough penetration on the welds shocking! i would get the hole frame welded to be on the safe side!

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 11:37:54 pm »
if you have his address i know what id do!

whats his name so we know not to buy anything off him?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 11:45:08 pm »
not sure its the blokes fault as he just had it fitted to his car n he didnt do the welding or anything like that ! im waiting for stuarts reply he mite be a really good guy wich is what ive found so far and replace the frame with a new one wich isnt so shoddy ! so i aint gnna get angry yet

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 12:07:02 am »
jesus, that is bad

before we start slating people etc

so you bought it off someone, who bought it new from PPS? if this is the case then it is looking very likely the lad you bought it off is telling porkies, and please name them if this is the case, let them come and either admit to it, or say that they bought it new like that.

It defo looks like afterwards welding, but you have to ask why was it welded after...

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:30 am »
His name on club polo is charlie292 and the name that appeared on paypal was carole fagg dunno if it was his account or not. These welds are not new additions they are original as you can see it is the original powdercoating still I am shocked at the quality as I herd lots of good reviews  I have asked him for my money back n he hasn't replied yet. I also noticed on close inspection that a 1/2" 5/8" rod end has been use and a m 12 bolt has been fitted making it a sloppy fit in the bore of each rose joint , work in metric or imperial not both !! I'm going to keep campeigning untill I get a better frame or just a refund would do .