Author Topic: pps sub frames  (Read 11498 times)

Offline lance

• Members
Re: pps sub frames
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 09:27:30 am »
Fagg ha ha, well i thinks its been welded again. Id bet he tried to fit it on a bent chassis, so has cut and re welded to make it fit. Either way its really shocking! Stuart that sells the stuff is spot on so he'll help as much as he can. Dont think he'd want his name turned to dirt.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 10:02:52 am »
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=180443&hl=

yeah id be interested what the PPS guy has to say, but like disaster says it does look the original powder coating

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 12:53:45 pm »
For sure it was original powder coating n you would be able to tell if it had been disturbed. I've spoke. To mr fagg and he's refunded me £25 he won't take the frame back as and I quote he said " I don't want the frame back in the condition I sent it to you " !!! Paypal rnt really going to care as I sent it him as a Gordy even though I did say for the subframe as discussed on the fourm in the nots so I mite try openeing a cas but I dnt expect I'll get ne where quick. Stuart hasn't got back to me yet but I asked him to either reniigg the one I've got or send me a new one I dnt want to slagg him off cause I think he does make some great products at great prices just this one doesn't seem to be ne good ! I'm going to let him get back to me n see what happens from there. Ohhhhhh how I wish I'd just paid full price n bought a ppp one now :(

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:22 pm »

From looking at that picture, I'd say the welding was original...

We'll have more in stock on the 20th Feb.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 02:30:43 pm »
I don't think this Stuart guy is going to do fuck all for you i wouldn't as you brought it second hand and not from him!

From looking at that picture, I'd say the welding was original...

We'll have more in stock on the 20th Feb.

they look just like my welds and iv only just started welding!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 02:33:54 pm »
is that weld? or just a bit of silver cow shit thats splattered up...

yeah im no great welder, but i know a shit weld when i see one

I await Fred to come on here and lay down the law and abuse someone!

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 02:37:07 pm »
There goes £300 down the shitter then !!! Think my only option may be to replace the rose joint that's shagged get the broken weld re welded and paint the gearbox mount again n sell it to try n make my cash back on club polo. And yoof provided I can sell this one and at least make some of my cash back can you put my name down for one of your frames stage 3 please i'm more than happy to pay the price for a decent bit of kit !!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:44:43 pm by dub-disaster »

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 02:50:41 pm »
Ohh and has any one else who's got one of these noticed these shocking welds on theirs out of intrest ??

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 03:03:44 pm »
Theirs quite afew people on Polo3 who have them. I'll try and find some info

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »
Ok guys got a reply from stuart and he's been realy realy
nice about it all and appoligised he said I will recieve a brand new frame
from him with new rods n ends arms everything. So this shows he is a very fair bloke I will post pics of new frame as soon as I get it thanks all!

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »
Bloody hell, hats off to him for sending you a new frame! As cheddarcheese said, I would have expected nothing being a second hand frame. I suppose the cost to him is nothing compared to having a reputation for suppling bad parts.
Still, good result for you though, £300 for a brand new subframe and a second hand one to repair and sell on!

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 07:42:27 pm »
Hats off to PPS boy for giving you a new frame.

If it was me i would sell the PPS frame on and buy a PPP, the issue i would have is trusting the replacement frame, if the original frame showed signs of failing which is has then there is no reason why it wouldn't happen to the new one.

End of the day the PPP one is tried and tested on powerful G40's!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 08:05:01 pm »
I think I'm one of the few on here who's got a PPS subframe and I'm delighted with it. Weld quality 'looks' excellent (no NDT testing)and general finish was excellent. Two winters use and all joints still perfect (packed boots with waterproof grease). It was a problem free fit even for an old guy like me, in the street,mostly with aid of inspection lamp. I really can't see Stuart putting out such a fucked up effort and his actions here speak louder than words.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 08:06:26 pm »
Well not a bad outcome fairplay to the PPS guy.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 09:39:53 pm »
hes asked me to send the old frame back to him and hell replace it he said that although i bought the frame secondhand he is going to treat me like his customer as the frame is still his he took full responsibilty for the welds altough he thought somthing has gone on with the gearbox mount something suspect. Any how i get a new frame and ill post some pics up on here of the quality of the welding .
In response to you robin i will se the quality of the new frame before i make any desisions like that but it has nocked my confidence in the quality of this frame and i will be closley inspecting the frame i may even take it into work and have it ndt tested or put it through the ultrasonic automatic bond test as work so we will defiantly see i will definatly be keeping ppp frame in mind though as tried and tested on the highest powered g's talks volumes to me
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:44:19 pm by dub-disaster »