Author Topic: Help - Please:-) - WHAT THE FOOK! interesting results inside  (Read 17988 times)

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: Help - Please:-)
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 07:09:55 am »
I have checked the brake servo line for any fluids and it's dry so it isn't brake fluid:-) I don't have aquamist. quick thought of the top of my head- it may be condensation sucked in from the intercooler as it's been stood through winter???? I shall rip apart tonight and see what's in there!

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: Help - Please:-)
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 07:36:16 pm »
RIGHT! we have a development!

did some tests 10 minutes ago - didnt care if the engine exploded to be honest.
i set the co2 POT at these conditions and turned the car on. here are my results

Using a multimeter set onto the 2K setting and checked using a datum 150ohm resistor reading 0.150

1.000 or 1000ohms - car turned on and 1second later died

.550 or 550ohms - car turned on and 1 second later died

0.400 or 400ohms - car turned on, 2 - 3 seconds later died - throttle = instant die

0.200 or 200ohms - car turned on, spluttered after 5 seconds and again after 10 the exhaust popped when you gave the throttle cable any sort of pull and cut out after 16seconds

0.050 or 50ohms - car turned on and to be honest - it ran alright! a splutter after 16seconds but no popping from the exhaust, and giving some throttle the engine increased in revs not so much of a miss fire.

Is it possible that my chip is thinking i need 50ohms and not 500? i dont understand this!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:57:54 pm by youngprodigys »

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: Help - Please:-) - WHAT THE FOOK! interesting results inside
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2010, 08:00:36 pm »
no mate - ive done a pinout test - all pins and wires connect to the correct plugs. it matchs up with colours quoted in the haynes manual. + the throttle switch is a white plug - surely that goes into the white plug on the throttle - hard to get that wrong!
Co2 pot wires connect to pins 5 and 9 on the ecu connector as they should.

Could this signal a completely buggered lambda?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2010, 08:06:57 pm »
I've made the throttle switches connector/Co-pot connector cock-up myself before :) but yeah, it's the white plug that goes on the white connector on the TB.

lambda shouldn't come into it as it doesn't get used by the ecu till the engine has got some heat into it. 

What about the blue temp sender? has that been swapped out?

At this stage I think you have a few options: take it to an auto-electrician or garage with diagnostic equipment, or, find someone local who can bring their g40 round for a day of swapping parts over till you find which part(s) make yours work, or, start randomly replacing parts with new parts (but this soon gets very expensive!). 

I was chasing a fuelling issue on my g40 a few years ago which almost had me at the end of my wits.  Turned out the ECU itself had gone faulty and swapping it with a replacement sorted my issues.

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2010, 08:20:12 pm »
mate the list of brand new parts on this engine is bloody stupid! the blue temp sender is brand new Vag and tested in boiling water and it reads correctly. i tested last night that it goes into the correct pins on the ecu - earth is pin 6 (the shared one) and pin 10

i have also checked that knock sensor goes to the knock sensor aswell!!! i rebuilt the loom so i know its correct - and it tested ok last night.

Im hoping andy will be able to spot something and he might be uber kind and do the swapping game! even though i have virtually everything brand new now after chasing this daft problem. onlt things left to change are the lambda, ECU and Co2 pot. co2 pot i have 3 of and all do the same so i dont think its that.
Theres a list of the brand new parts on my first post.
I think the ECU it starting to look suspect here or the map. might get a shitty cheapo map just to see if it turns on any better at 550ohms. andy might even have one i can try.

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »
haysey said everything i typed (again) before i could click post (again) damn you!

i'd love to get my hands on this to fix it. you're a 2 hour drive away though :(

thing is - for that 2hr drive i dont wana waste your time if you cant! it really is a mystery this piece of poop

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2010, 08:34:25 pm »
Quick one... does it run with throttle applied when starting it or same as start with idle?  I assume it starts then dies immediately and not starts, idles for a few secs then dies?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »
huh?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2010, 08:52:04 pm »
i just tried this - hope its what you mean as i certainly wont be doing it again.

Set to 550ohms
Turned car on with foot resting on the throttle (just after the switch clicks)
It revved up but miss fired really really REALLY badly! so i took my foot off
it then cut out
turned it back on stays on for about 1second - cuts out
tried turning on again and then blipping the throttle - cut out instantly

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »
I mean the actual ECU itself, not just the eprom chip.  But it'd be much better to borrow one than buying a spare one.  The only "spare" I've got is the one I know is knackered though.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 08:54:48 pm »
what do the plugs look like?  From what you are describing today it sounds like it may be running too lean to actually run.  Do the plugs look white?  Although I guess it might not have ran for long enough to have had an effect on them!  I dont suppose you have access to a gas analyser? 

Sorry if you've answered this before but what injectors do you have in it?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 09:15:31 pm »
already got a fooked G40 ecu myself from a previous adventure! sends no spark from it.

i had answered it lol but i dont mind answering again as appreciate everything i hear from everyone.

Plugs are black mate sooty black. ive cleaned em up and put em back in. i dont have a gass analyser no:-(

Injectors are G60 greens and i have resistance checked them all and 3 are 15.9ohm and 1 is 16ohm

Additional - ive got an old G40 chip ive just found - lets see what this does! (il just turn it on - no revving) see if it stays on!
il also take the plugs bak out and inspect them as ive not turned it on much since i cleaned em
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:17:19 pm by youngprodigys »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »
is the ECU ship you are currently using definiately one for 250cc injectors? Do you have the stock g40 chip and stock injectors?  I'd swap them both back in and see if it runs then if you do have them.

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 09:26:16 pm »
i have a G40 chip of some description! it was in the replacement ecu i bought years ago. the stock injectors are in a bag at my mum and dads so i cant test them tonight but i will defo do that 2moro night! thats a really good idea mate - if it runs ok with the old stuff in iv found my problem.

And yes i told Gwerks i was using G60 Greens and need a map to suit

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 09:30:30 pm »
HAYESEY - WHEN I SEE YOU IM GUNNA KISS YA!

Put the other G40 chip i had into the ECU and it runs fine with the co2 pot set to 550ohms.
i can rev it and it dont miss