Author Topic: Ebay comments i have to deal with... (updated regularly lol)  (Read 26815 times)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Ebay comments i have to deal with... (updated regularly lol)
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2010, 01:07:57 pm »
well i aint added much to this recently, but i assure you they crazy comments still come.

one this week has really got my back up, here it is lol

"What a flaming rip off charging me £3.14 for postage that cost £1.15 plus a cheap envelope to send."

my reply

"howdy

sorry for your problems

not a rip off, our pricing structure is included in the postage price, this stems from how our ebay account works, each sticker has the unit price in the postage price, for example

£2.00 sticker, £0.80 postage - total £2.80

actual cost, £2.40 sticker, postage £0.40 - total £2.80

so the outcome is still the same, if you are unhappy with the postage price, it was made aware clearly when checking out.

hope that explains

thanks

Dan"

then his reply:

"Firstly I didn't buy from eBay, I bought direct from your website.  Secondly if you think charging 3 times what it cost to post an order not a rip off then you need to borrow a pair of glasses and look at your costing again.  I don't mind paying more for a sticker if need be.... But I'm not a fan of people making silly mark ups on postage costs.

Something to think about going forward,  as there won't be any repeat business from me.  Or any recommendations to anyone I know in the 'scene'.

Danny"

So he has actually ignored everything i have said, and just given more irate replies, i am now worried he is going to ruin my reputation in the "scene" oh no, oh no, oh no.

my reply:

"hello again

please re read my email, would you walk in a shop and speak to anyone like this seriously?

i will explain again

our ebay pricing structure works like this

TOTAL STICKER COST £2.40

so the sticker itself is £2.40, on ebay you do not get charged fees on the postage, so we add a bit on to the ebay postage, to help keep our overall costs down

so £2.40 for the sticker, and £0.40 for the postage, TOTAL £2.80, so we then just alter the actual total price structure, by charging £2.00 for the sticker, and £0.80 for the postage TOTAL £2.80 (exactly the same as before)

helping us keep the price down by not having to pay as many fees.

We sell hundreds of different items, so having a totally new pricing and invoicing structure for the webshop, and ebay is time consuming, and near impossible from an accounts point of view.

So we just implement the same structure as used on ebay, as the website.

To say again, the postage you paid, is not the postage, the price of the actual item is included in that total.

We have never had anyone complain about this, it is commonly used on ebay and websites, but the fact of the matter is the total was there when you clicked "pay" if you were not happy with paying that postage price, then you should have not bought it?

Please email back if you still do not understand, there is no foul play or any silly mark ups, again look at the total price you are paying for the stickers, it is cheap as chips.

cheers

Dan"

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »
shocking mate, everyone i have told about your business have bought things from you and have been more than happy with everything.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »
ha cheers mate, yeah i do what i think is a good service, but this is not about service it is just his total lack of understanding what i am saying, and making me out to be ripping him off, its funny, im excited to read his reply lol

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2010, 09:19:28 pm »
ha his reply is aweesome:

I'm afraid your not getting what I'm saying,  and I'd have no problem discussing this face to face in a shop in the same manner. 

I totally understand your description... Which is basically saying that you're selling the stickers cheap and making the money back on postage.    And if you re-read my last email you will note that I don't mind paying more for a product if I'm paying accurate postage charges.  Over £3 postage on something that cost you £1.15 is just wrong.  Be honest and charge honest fees.  Most websites do not operate in this way... It's only people who do the majority of business on eBay that do, so they don't have to take a hit on fees.

And I'll reiterate I did not purchase these from eBay, but direct from your site.  So you wouldn't have had any fees to pay.  Managing the differences between eBay and your site is not a laborious task,  if you've got the site software setup correctly it's mostly automatic.

You mention that I shouldn't have bought the items if I didn't like the cost.... Well at the time I was happy,  it's when I saw what was paid on postage that miffed me.

So basically what you've admitted is that your conning people on postage to keep your fees down.

Hmmmm ........

Danny

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:50 am »
man this guy is unreal, talk about never backing down

"man

i dont know how you are not understanding, but i will try again

if you were to buy the item from our shop, if you were to walk in, the sticker would be £2.40 NO POSTAGE

if you buy it online it is £2.00 and £0.80 postage TOTAL £2.80 (40p of the actual postage and packing price)

it is not coning anyone, only in your eyes as you are failing to see how it works

Dan
"

and his reply
"Yeah... So why not be honest with the initial sticker price instead of hiding it in the postage and pissing people off ?

Oh yeah... I know it's because you want to maximise profits while conning people into thinking they've got something cheap while they think it's the post office's fault for high postage prices ?  "

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:29 pm »
Oh FFS Dan, you could tell him 'till you were blue in the face and he still wouldn't get it!  ::) The man's an idiot!

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 05:53:50 pm »
Find out where his "scence" is and ridicule him :)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »
Christ no! Don't piss him off Dan, cultivate him.This is the best yet.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2010, 08:24:11 pm »
Tbh hes helarious who cries this much over £2.80

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2010, 10:46:49 pm »
beyond help...

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2010, 11:19:38 pm »
he kept at it so i chose not to reply, all his points make no sense at all, when he paid the total did he not realise TOTAL, it is always a give away i find

it angers me that he is making me out to be ripping people off, quite the sodding opposite you timmytard

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2010, 02:35:00 pm »
man people are thick. they seem to have no common sense and they expect everything to arrive next day when they paid for 2nd class postage, you offer them quicker postage but there not interested.

sometimes i think people just dont read the ads.

I always says if you dont like the cost of the postage dont bid on my item.

Offline giorgio

• Members
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2010, 07:34:45 pm »
I have not bought a stickers recently but would like to have a moan and bitch just for the craic. Where do I sent my letter?

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2010, 10:18:38 pm »
people seem to live in different worlds on ebay with what they expect you to do.

I have two no shows to look at my jeep i am selling at the weekend, no calls or text to say they where no longer turning up or reply to texts.

They just expect you to wait around.

then i get  a question like this

"will you be posting any further info about this vehicle? "
the ad clearly states if you have a questions and its not covered in the ad ask what you want to know,
if i was not so short of money i would not sell on ebay ever again way too many dumb arses
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:54:24 am by DMWG40 »

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2010, 01:15:27 am »
i think it is just a sign of the times (ha sound old) people just do not read things, i get asked so much "how much is postage to (insert country)" and it is on the auction, you just click the country and it gives the postage price, same with people asking about combined postage, big letters on auction "multiple postage combined"

ebay is hard work, it sways far too much to let the buyers act like utter cocks