Author Topic: Ebay comments i have to deal with... (updated regularly lol)  (Read 26780 times)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Ebay comments i have to deal with... (updated regularly lol)
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:16 pm »
not updated this in ages, but seem to have had an influx of idiots this last week.

This guy bought an item, and 2 month later tells me he never got it, i ask him to confirm delivery address and he gives it aswell as making an adjustment to the item.

I said, we never got the change to the item. The rest is in the case on ebay:

Details provided by the buyer:
The buyer has not received the item
The buyer has tried contacting you
The buyer paid on 02 Feb, 2011
The buyer paid for the item with PayPal.
The buyer did not give permission to share a phone number with you.
Additional information:
"exchanged a couple emails said would look into not heard anything since"
The buyer wanted:
The buyer prefers a replacement item if one is available.
Transaction information:

Your message to the buyer:
"Hi Sam Sorry for your problems with this, the item should have got there by now, we did ask you to confirm the delivery name and address but got a partial reply back so we assumed the item had been received. Also you state you wanted the tailgate decal with no holes, i have checked the paypal payment and there is no mention of this. Can you please supply the full delivery name and address for us to check? thanks Dan"

Buyer's message:
"I sent an email confirming name and postal address when asked, here is details again Samantha Knight 18 Heather Gardens Dundee DD3 0NX Regards Sam"

"Hello again we have no email, what address did you send it to? Can you please go into your email outbox and print the screen showing the email, we have no record of it. We do state on the auction that any variation requests are stated on checkout, to avoid problems like this. Once we have the screen shot showing the email was sent we can get a replacement sent. thanks Dan"

Buyer's message:
"You sent a message through ebay asking us to confirm the address which we did through ebay messages."

"hello sorry for your confusion with what i ask, i mean when you ordered the item, where did you state you wanted it without wiper holes? if ti was an ebay message, or via ebay, please can you send me a copy of this thanks Dan"

Buyer's message:
"It was on pay screen in paypal notes I think, don't know how to look at that again"

"hello again if you contact paypal and ask them they can tell you all you need to know, you need to "view the transaction details" which can be done when logging in to paypal. That screen and info is what we use to dispatch the order, and we have it infront of us and there is no mention of sending a hole less decal. Im sorry for these problems but we can not send out a replacement as we were not told to send one without wiper holes, if you can show us where it was input then we can get the replacement sent. Hope that makes sense, thanks Dan"

Buyer's message:
"it was a mail through ebay after we bought item we no longer have email and if this is a problem just refund the payment and we will deal with someone on ebay that wants the business you have dragged your heels on this now for weeks im starting to think you dont have it in stock and this is the reason you are kicking up a fuss . Either that or provide a tarck no so we can see where it is Regards Kris "

"hello sorry for your total confusion. You bought the item, and are saying you nave not got it, we have sent it, if it has got lost then once the time scale has passed, which it has a long time ago, we send a replacement. But the problem we have is we never had a message from you about the alteration to your order, so the wrong item will have been sent anyway. So even if you had of got the item, it would have been wrong. We clearly state in our terms and conditions to state alterations on paypal payment, which you have not done. I am not dragging my heels at all, from day one i have asked for proof that the message was sent, and you can not give it, so we have to dispatch the wrong item to you again. We have not done anything wrong here at all, look at our feedback, do we look like a company that would for the sake of 1 purchase not have it? If you still do not understand please give me a contact phone number and i will explain"

Buyer's message:
"Tell you what send one with holes so i can send you it back as its the wrong item then .... Im in the right here ive paid for item item not received i WANT a replacement or a refund thats my right as a ebay customer "

"ok, i will send another on Monday, but you are not in the right, you have ordered the decal, and not stated on paypal you want an alteration. I can send you the transaction, which again you can log in to paypal and see for yourself. Or i can take a screen grab picture, you are being totally unreasonable and ignoring facts. I have no idea why but im trying to explain the situation and resolve it. So i will send out the item you ment to order, then the transaction is complete, and we have done everything and more than enough to sort it out. I do not know why you are being so off with me, the delay/loss in the post is annoying yes we can both agree with that, but we do not operate royal mail. Dan "

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »
you where very well mannered, i would have lost my rag by now

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »
Just sold our old fireplace on eBay:
"...will this fit in our car or do we need to get a trailer..."

1. I have no idea what car you have...
2. ...even if I did, I don't have internal dimensions for every car ever sold.
3. The fireplace dimensions are on the listing.
4. It's a fucking fireplace, not a pair of shoes. What do you think?!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2011, 05:33:04 pm »
Insert Quote
Just sold our old fireplace on eBay:
"...will this fit in our car or do we need to get a trailer..."

Reply: "I'd advise a fire-proof trailer, this item has been known to get hot at times, and you'd not want to burn the inside of your car"

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58:30 pm »
haha it is amazing what people ask, i always look at what other items they have bought and sold, and feedback, you can find some corkers.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:20 am »
ah another rude cunt.

"Dear brownstickers,

where is my item its been more than 3 weeks now and i have no choice but to give you very negative feeback and to report you to ebay if you do not reply to this message and sort it out!!!!

- abimanyuvijayakumar"

Dear abimanyuvijayakumar,

Hello

this is the first email we have had from you in regards to the item?

We are sorry the item has not been delivered, if you log in to ebay you will see when the item was sent by us, if it has not been received then there has been an error with delivery.
3 weeks have passed and it should have got there by now so it is looking like it has got lost.
Which again we can only apologise on behalf of royal mail, delays and losses do occur.

Now you have emailed us to tell us you have not got the item, we can now sort out the problem and get you some replacements sent.

Can you confirm the delivery name and address for us?

thanks

Dan

- brownstickers

"Dear brownstickers,

ok its

abimanyu vijayakumar
122 headstone lane
Harrow
Middlesex
Ha2 6jn

- abimanyuvijayakumar"

Hello

we have checked the payment details and the name you have supplied below is not the name that the items were dispatched to.

please log in to your paypal and ebay to see the name supplied

we have the name "Marimuthu Vijayakumar"

I hope this helps, please advise if this person has not received the item and we can take from there

thanks

Dan

- brownstickers

"Dear brownstickers,

The paypal account is under the name marimuthu vijayakumar but the payment was made using my details and my card abimanyu vijayakumar i do not see what the problem is as i have done this many times before and i feel like its just an excuse for the delay i decided to use your site but from using your competitor mr oilcan the service was much better and very very quick... if the details were "wrong" to begin with it means you did not send it in the first place...to be honest this is the last time i will be using your store...i hope you deliver my items soon if not then please refund the money.

- abimanyuvijayakumar"

Hello

Sorry again for the problems, I will try and explain again.

If you log in to paypal and view the payment details, the "Shipping Address" with the name is:

Shipping address - confirmed
Marimuthu vijayakumar
122 Headstone Lane
Harrow, Middlesex
HA2 6JN
United Kingdom

This is what ebay and paypal instruct us to dispatch to, there is no mention of any other name or details for delivery.

I am sorry you feel like we have made an excuse for delay of delivery, but please do look at our feedback, for what reason would i chose to delay your order? what gain would that bring us? We stock all items, and send the same day, as we did with your order.

I am glad you had a good service from another seller, but as outlined above we have not done anything wrong at all?

I never said the details were "wrong" the details are just not the same as what we were given by you originally to dispatch to, the important fact that the name the items were sent to is not yours.

So back to my original question, have the items been received by Marimuthu Vijayakumar?
These are the details we are waiting to receive from you, we can not dispatch another set until we have this information.

All i can do is apologise for the delay and problems, but we have replied quickly and tried to fix the problems as best we can.

thanks

Dan

- brownstickers

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »
there does seem to be a load of idiots out there.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:29 pm »
ive not updated for a while, but this guy has really got my back up

"Hi,

emailed you about a last week asking if you had any tips for applying these. so far no response. to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. But hey ho it's your loss, as I'll be telling my T4 forum friends not to buy from you!! and I certainly wont buy anything else from you!

- gbarr2006"

Hello

sorry for your troubles, we have had no email from yourself, what address did you send it to?
Not to worry tho we are happy to help with your message.

We are a vehicle sticker supplier, the auction is for the set of stickers as listed, no where on the listing do we say we also give you fitting advise.

We are currently in the process of doing individual fitment guides for ever vehicle decal we offer (over 70 different ones) but the workings of this is a massive task, and at current the £8.99 you pay for the item does not include the service.

It is a bit like buying a wheel bearing from say GSF, and then ringing them up demanding they tell you how to fit it.

We always recommend getting a professional to fit the decals, youtube and google has lots of videos with guidance for generic vinyl application which we find helps.

When you say you are disappointed do you mean because you got no reply or are you disappointed with the item?

If you are not happy with this then i will happily refund you for the error, i will take your comments on board and we will amend the listing to state what the auction does not come with.

Any other questions just give me a shout, if no reply within 3 days then i suggest sending again

thanks

Dan

"I sent it to this address. I wasn't looking for instructions. I was just asking if you had any tips on applying them. Some suppliers go that extra mile to help customers. but we learn by our experiences.

cheers.

- gbarr2006"

Hello again

Tips/instructions are the same thing. Like i said we are currently sorting out detailed application guides for each item. Tips on applying them are again basic things you can find off youtube and google for generic vinyl application.

I can not help but feel you are looking for some kind of exact answer?

Like i say, buy this item from VW and you will not even get a reply to asking how to apply them, they will just say you can book it in for fitting.

Going the extra mile? you have bought an item for £8.99, we have the price as low as we can to give you the best price, yet you insist on expecting more.
We have given a cheap accurate postage cost, we pack in boxes to keep that low, we use premium vinyl and we dispatch in excellent time. How you can feel disappointed is disappointing to us as we have done everything at the highest level?

Like i said, i am happy to give you your money back

thanks

Dan

"excuse me, I don't want to get into a pissing competition with you. All I wanted in the first place was a response sayin yes or no! not a big long spiel about you dont do this or that. the main part of my disappointment was the lack of response in the first place. If you had answered my first email saying you only supply and you don't know anything about applying them, that would have been suffice. I know now that you know nothing about applying them and that's fine, you don't need to reply telling me about what I should and shouldn't expect for the price I paid!no matter what I pay for something if I ask a question I expect an answer. And in this case, I just asked one simple question! 'can you give any tips on applying' and the simple answer in your case would have been no! simples! no need for all these long winded moans and groans about what I paid and what I should expect!! please don't respond to this as it doesn't require response.

- gbarr2006"

Like i said, we never got your first email, so the problems have arisen from that.

It was not spiel, i was trying to explain to you a few things.

All your moans and groans as you call it span from the email not getting through, which if you check the auction we do ask for people to not use the ebay message system and email us direct as it has many flaws.

thanks

Dan

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2012, 07:22:08 pm »
^^ what a total nob end! Some people really are awkward from the very first instance..

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2012, 03:09:19 pm »
Well dan, that brace bar i bought from you, arrived excellently packed just like stickers i have bougth in the past (POLOMON91 on ebay if you do so wish to check haha)

Cant believe some people, thats bad like!

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »
^^ what a total nob end! Some people really are awkward from the very first instance..

you talking about Dan or the punter?!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »
Haha this was interesting to read.
my dad used to sell damaged perfumes and aftershave on ebay
he got a reply from one person saying "the perfume smelt like piss"
wtf do you reply to that! lol. they returned the item and the money was refunded, when he got it back it just smelt like normal girls perfume :S
ebay is full idiots! ive got negtive feedback from some guy who bought a motorbike exhast of me, i clearly stated it was damaged in the listing and took an extra picture to show the damage
he recived the item.... then gave me negative feedback saying it was damaged.... well duh!
thats not the best bit, two weeks after his message, i recived another message from the user saying
"sorry that was my dad who sent the message and bad feedback" even though his son had bought the item :O
good job

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2012, 05:01:14 pm »
I've not had much trouble with e-bayers, but a couple of years ago I sold a riflescope to a guy who waited about four months then complained that he hadn't managed to shoot anything  with it. He didn't know how to zero his scope /rifle combination, so fuck knows where his shots were going. Did I tell him? Did I fuck! Watch out Lancashire.

Offline kerrly

• Members
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:50 pm »
Im actually banned on ebay now from selling, seems if you put dispatch time of 20 working days people get angry after a week. One gimp even messaged me mins after winning the item to ask when he will get the dam thing - He later went on to say he never got it, and ebay collections paid him a refund that i then had to pay them for, you get done in every hole.

So i had loads of shitty feedback about dispatch time when most of the stuff im selling wasn't rare so they could have bid on other auctions.

Got multiple emails from ebay every few weeks - Even when i didn't have stuff for sale so i couldn't make my dispatch rating any better.

They even sent me a survey to do after being stopped from selling for me to review their procedure lol