Author Topic: Group buy on corregated Boost pipe, in silicone. Update page two..help needed.  (Read 10156 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
ok chaps..after peteg40's group buy attempt went drastically wrong lol (jokes) i've decided I'll look into it myself..so....what I am proposing to do is see if I can find a company who can remanufacture the boost pipe from the intercooler to the charger but not a flat one with a slight bend in it but basically an exact 'corregated' copy but in stronger longer lasting silicone.  There will be no choice of colours, just black however because quite frankly I can't be arsed to mess about with different orders, it will be easier in one colour and to be quite frank you dont see it anyway.

So can we see if we can gather some interest and see how many people will be wanting one?  Bare in mind these are 90 quid including vat from VAG.  That was a price i got today. so if i could get them from around 40-50?  tops?  Reason for doing this is the VAG ones, not exactly poor quality but dont seem built to last the test of time before cracks appear.  A combination of heat and the tilting of the engine seems to kill these pipes over time. 45 degree bend ones are available but are not in my opinion original enough.  Any one with experience of these whats your opinion?

Please don't build your hopes up too much yet, i dont want this to become a right fanny on but i will try my very best and ring some companies tomorrow and gather some research.  Those of you who know me know i am an oem whore so only the best will do, so if i dont put up with shite...neither will you recieve shite.

Also i will need a spare to send to some companies as examples and to take photos of, so does anyone have a decent complete one that maybe has a tear in it, so is duff, but is mainly complete they can send to me? 

the company who i think might fit the bill are these and this is the one they make which may come out sucessful:

http://www.viperperformance.co.uk/productsearch.php?xscId=9095&mat=104

they also do them like this image which is what i will be proposing:

thanks..Dan.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:47:06 pm by supercharged spaniel »

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Group buy on corregated Boost pipe, in silicone...pre thought..
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:33:57 pm »
nobody
nobody
nobody
nobody

great start lads..keep em coming!!

Offline Weeman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »
I think I have a pipe I on longer use, will have a look tomorrow an let you know.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:47 am »
i have a spare and i'd be up for one

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:09:10 am »
Typical bloke style forgot I was at a wedding today..(no it's not mine lol) so I'll not have time to ring so I'll ring tomorrow. If there isn't more interest than what's currently showing I'm not gonna bother though.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 09:09:27 am »
Viper are good for group buys, so you should be ok with that. If there's enough interest I may be able to do some talking to them, I know their PR agency well.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 10:04:33 am »
Spaniel - Polo-PP have a Viper Performance trade account, so should be able to help.

Offline NeilG40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:35:23 pm »
I'm interested.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 05:46:45 pm »
doubt this is gonna happen to be honest...im not bothering for 1 or two people..not worth it.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 06:24:18 pm »
It's early days Spaniel; I'd definately be up for one at the fifty quid mark. How few would they make though ?

Offline Dan

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 10:48:18 am »
I'm interested.

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 12:25:29 pm »
Put me down i'll definetly be wanting one

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 12:30:54 pm »
If you can get the numbers I'm happy to sort the tooling out with dan at Viper Performance, we've got a trade account with them so should be able to get up to 25% off list price for you guys.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 01:35:24 am »
Cheers yoof!  Potentially looking at this so far there are 7:( possibly. I'd like ten really.  Yoof can you pm me what you think so far and where to go from here please? Thanks mate.   

supercharged spaniel
peteg40
rae
neilg40
grantvw
scotsjohn
dan

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 01:10:02 pm »
yeah well thats why im hoping that they can replicate this by sending them an oem one.  cant see why not they only need to make a tool for it once.  surely theyve done harder shapes and sizes.