« on: March 24, 2009, 10:11:43 pm »
Thought it was about time I said hello.

:-)

How are you all?

Offline NeilG40

• Members
Re: Quack
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:02 pm »
Talk about a blast from the past, Hello.

Online SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:27:23 pm »
Hi there, for some reason I thought you'd sold up?! Didnt you ghave loads of issues with your engine? Hows it all going now? Good to see another familiar name on here from the pitstop forum.

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:14:44 am »
Ahh,

'Pond Life' 

Good to see you out of the reeds, and back in open water..... ;)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:24:37 am »
owdo mate  8)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 08:19:41 pm »
hello mate...instantly recognised your name! welcome back

Offline The Duck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 11:00:59 pm »
Hello all,
Thanks for your greetings! I recognise everyone's nick apart from Spaniel? Did you change or has my memory got to me? (sorry)
Well yep I'm back. I have been away visiting waters new as we have had a baby duckling.  :P

Sam
I did have some probs with my first build of 1341 but my latest seems...(I won't finish the sentence just in case!)

....It pulls well, really really well.... ;)

How are all your motors going? Please feel free to send me your specs!
Jase, you managed to sort yours yet?
Haysey, what you running these days dude?

Well I did think about selling up but decided I should do some final touches to my motor before I resort to this. I had spent too much time and money and learned so much.
Where I want to go is to get my car more refined! I am getting old.
I want to soften the ride a little and play with the diff settings. I also need to tweak the charger belt drive system. I have done the research and have 3 options that I can work through. (Did you know the M45 uses about 50 engine hp at 7000 rpm!?)
I am also designing my own subframe. This should all add up to a car that is better for everyday driving and I should still be able to use the torque when I need it. I may even get an atb diff should I find the subframe and diff work don't tame the throttle steer (plates locking/unlocking).
If it all works I will be getting a respray as the car is now a little bit rough in places.
Oh, and I have to fit my recaro's.

Can't wait!

Well that is enough ranting from me. I have to go to the nest so I'll catch you all later.

All the best

Andrew

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 08:45:02 am »
my car still running like a pig, I didn't get the Buell either, new unfinished patio under water this morning too so on a right downer today, if I can I'll try and get that data for you this eve.

Me

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 10:15:13 pm »
alright duck

was trying to contact you a while ago as i lost your number after pitstop site went down i was hoping you would come on here sooner or later. good to see you. hows things?

btw i used to be dj chris on the pitstop forum many moons ago if no-one recognises me and yahoo groups before pitstop started.

you still in nanty

have you seen petrified lately, i aint seen him since he borrowed my ecu and brought it back.

Offline The Duck

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 11:34:49 pm »
Hi Chris,
Good to hear from you pal.

How is the motor? Yes I am still in Nanty but for how long I am not sure as "she" wants to move because she has a vagina..... ::)

So you still got the red G40?

I have not seen James since I last went over about 2 years ago and he squeezed 4 polos onto his land! Has anyone heard from him?

We should catch up some time!

All the best.

Duck

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 09:45:31 am »
good to here from you dude

yep i still got the G40, nearly back on the road but will have a g-lader instead now. making it a bit slower and more sensible. but i have had a few cars since i last seen you about 2 years ago including golf rallye, golf vr6, mk1 golf driver, audi 100 avant 2.6 v6, audi a3 20vt quattro, mk2 golf gti 16v, mk2 golf driver, mk2 jetta tdi, audi coupe quattro 2.2 10v old type, mk3 golf 1.4, mk6 polo tdi, she wants a beetle next. none of these matched the pull of the G40 but the coupe quattro was a proper head turner and felt cool as feck driving it. nice sound to the 5 pot engine.

will have to catch up and perified, do you think he still got the lupo and the G40 saloon

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 11:24:06 am »

same car but with a turbo on it now  8)

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:57:11 pm »
Hey, good to see you've still got the G40! :)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 06:28:20 pm »
ha ha no worries...i was just gettiung into g40's when you were a main player on the psd forum so i recognised the name straight away..proves that g40 owners always come back to their roots!

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 10:03:59 am »
Hello all,
Thanks for your greetings! I recognise everyone's nick apart from Spaniel? Did you change or has my memory got to me? (sorry)
Well yep I'm back. I have been away visiting waters new as we have had a baby duckling.  :P

Sam
I did have some probs with my first build of 1341 but my latest seems...(I won't finish the sentence just in case!)

....It pulls well, really really well.... ;)

How are all your motors going? Please feel free to send me your specs!

Well I did think about selling up but decided I should do some final touches to my motor before I resort to this. I had spent too much time and money and learned so much.
Where I want to go is to get my car more refined! I am getting old.
I want to soften the ride a little and play with the diff settings. I also need to tweak the charger belt drive system. I have done the research and have 3 options that I can work through. (Did you know the M45 uses about 50 engine hp at 7000 rpm!?)
I am also designing my own subframe. This should all add up to a car that is better for everyday driving and I should still be able to use the torque when I need it. I may even get an atb diff should I find the subframe and diff work don't tame the throttle steer (plates locking/unlocking).
If it all works I will be getting a respray as the car is now a little bit rough in places.
Oh, and I have to fit my recaro's.

Can't wait!

Well that is enough ranting from me. I have to go to the nest so I'll catch you all later.

All the best

Andrew

50 hp to driver the m45 hell thats alot of power wasted
steve