Author Topic: lewis hamilton disqualified from last weekends race  (Read 6010 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
lewis hamilton disqualified from last weekends race
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:20:51 am »
Looks like we're in for a year where the FIA will decide the results rather than the drivers:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74146

In fairness it doesn't really go into detail about what McLaren were supposed to have done but it's bloody annoying all the same.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: lewis hamilton disqualified from last weekends race
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:28:41 am »
No matter what they do, F1 wont be as exciting anymore becuase they keep making stupid f'in decisions like this!

I think the BBC was wrong to take the F1 coverage on because as time passes, it'll seem all the races are fixed anyway because of these decisions and no-one will watch it!

At least the winner was still british tho.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:16 am »
it's bloody stupid, they make one decision and then totally backtrack on it a few days later.  I wish the story said what McLaren were supposed to have done.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 11:43:00 am »
I don’t want to cut off my nose to spite my face but I’m going to have to stop watching if they carry on like this. Get rid of Bernie and Max for a start.

It says on the BBC site that they have said McLaren withheld evidence about the conversation between the pit crew and Lewis. It seem like once again the FIA and Max/Bernie will do everything they can to stop McLaren from winning.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:05:22 pm »
indeed, those two really are like parasites now and are just harming the sport.  They need booting out, the teams should all stick two fingers up to them and go and start their own championship managed by some people are more in touch with the actual sport rather than making millions for themselves.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:21 pm »
a bit more info has been released:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74158

To be honest the final decision seems fair based on that.  But my gripe is still that they shouldn't have attempted to come to a decision so soon after the race without having heard the evidence.  It's a bit naughty of McLaren to lie about it at the time!

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:42:49 pm »
Its almost as though they are trying to fix the result and hope no-one realises!

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:53:30 pm »
Well, if you guys read the whole story.

What happened was during the FIA Stewards Investigation they asked the team if they told lewis to let Trulli through, they said they didn't. They then asked Lewis and he also said no such communication had been made.

Shortly before going to the stewards Lewis told the press that the team told him to let Trulli past.

The Stewards re-opened the case and checked the team radio transmissions and they felt that Lewis and Mclaren had misled them during the first investigation.

Trulli however said what happened how it was, lewis slowed down off the racing line so he passed him, on the next strait he pulled over and slowed down to let lewis passed just incase his intentions of slowing down off line where not to let him passed.

Lewis told the stewards he had not intently let Trulli passed and that the team didn't tell him to let him passed either. This was not true and lying or misleading FIA stewards should lead to a heavy punishment, if you ask me just a DSQ is light!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7979304.stm
Video evidence of the situation.

http://dl.groovygecko.net/anon.groovy/clients/igentics/australia09/2009_Australia_Hamilton_driveraudio_final.mp3
Hamilton's team radio over that period.

http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php?t=msg&th=74407&start=0&
FIA notes and transcripts.

Looks like he was in the wrong to get 3rd place.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 09:01:45 pm »
yep like I said earlier on when more info was published, very naughty of McLaren to do that.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:39:35 pm »
Having been at uni last year with my lect who was high up in the Mclaren Aerodynamics team 3 years ago, he will tell you a few stories that you would not believe (not that he ever told me - honest)!

In F1 everybody is so unbelievebly determined to win no matter what it takes, its crazy! They will lie, cheat do almost anything to gain the smallest edge over their competitiors.

Offline Max

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 08:01:08 am »
Apparently he has been fined for speeding in the pitlane this morning at practice too!