Author Topic: 1994 Original Polo G40 Alpine white  (Read 17832 times)

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
1994 Original Polo G40 Alpine white
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:09:34 pm »
Make: VW

Model: Polo G40

Year/Reg: 1994 L Reg.  First registered in Northampton.

Color: Alpine White

Mileage: 104.000mi on G40, Reshelled with '91 CL Donor Shell with arpox. 92.000mi

MOT: Currently with out MOT, but if there is some one interesed in buying, I will sell with a full years ticket.

Tax: SORN

Spec: This is my '94 original G40 (Reshelled) I brought her after she was wrecked in a roll back in January 2012 and transplated everything across to a solid 91'CL shell in Alpine white including Engine, Gear box, ECU, Clocks, brake system, front end running gear & rear beam. I also upgraded and refreshed many parts throughout the build.   

Original 1272cc block with standard internals and head.

Jabba sport R1 spec G-lader serviced with new bearings, seals and toothed belt and run in a few hundred miles roughly. Brought from member Djtez, who had it rebuilt by yoof, and then run in by PeteG40.
So apart from that, its a freshly serviced charger ready to boost hard. 

New braided hose oil feed from block to charger. New charger out let rubber, and full front mount I/C fitted infront of the rad with rerouted pipe work through O/S inner wing & new slim line fan fitted to rad.   

PSD Toothed pully set-up 63mm I think, and believed to be phase 2 with a fresh belt from peteg40.

Brand new NGK (****) Spark plugs (not yet fitted), new leads, rotar arm and distributor cap

Jabba Sport green filter induction kit .Aprox 3000km

Re-studded exhaust manifold with fresh gasket, fresh gasket on the inlet T/B and manifold, new head gasket. Comes with a decat 2-1 downpipe from a GT, but the cat downpipe is currently fitted.

Fresh oil, and oil filter. Coolant flush. 1000k ago

Brand new up-rated fuel pump

PPP G40 chip, but have no idea on power, as i have never had her tested. I could imagine some where up around the 140-150 bhp area.

1000km ago front discs, front pads, rear pads and handbrake cable replaced and fresh brake fluid. Water pump and gasket replaced with timing belt.

Chassis: Brand new H&R Cup 60/40 kit, new front & rear topmounts, rear axel bushes, Tca bushes, G-lader ARB blocks. Selfmade front Chassis brace (Tca > Tca mount)  and front radiator support upgraded for a stiffer front end.  Running 13" BBS RA's with good rubber all round.

Interior: The interior is from a GT model with the double folding rear bench and is in good used condition. Gt/G40 steering wheel, G40 motorsport gear knob, CD player with Pioneer dash hidden dash speakers. Stack oil pressure and boost guage mounted in central console

Body work: I repaired the battery tray (common area of rust) with fresh metal, under seal and fresh top coat & the wiring in the scuttle/bay has been tidied up and routed in a nice way. The orgional washer bottle is not fitted as the I/C pipe runs where it once sat. Now it will have a washed bag with motor installed for the MOT.
The sills have been cleaned up and painted with underseal. The underside is in good condition mostly, although there are a few areas that could use a clean up and undersealing. The fuel tank has never been changed, so maybe this is something to consider for the future.
The body work in general is well aged, with scraches, car parking dents (front drivers wing & the bootlid are the 2 worst) I will include a NOS and original D/S wing in the sale, and also paint and fit it if i have time in the next months. I had plans of slowly replacing part for part over the years and restoring her fully, but things change and she has been sat up inside a dry garage for the last few years. The charger and the block where all oiled often and always pumped oil fully throughout the system before starting her up again and left to warm up slowly. 

This is a rough advert of the car and spec based on what I can remember from a year ago, once I check through the folder of reciepts and history that comes with the car, I can add a more detailed description, but this is a general over view of the car.

Any questions are welcomed and I will answer with the best of my knowledge.

I am currently living in Germany and travelling here and there & the car is located back home in Norfolk, England. So If there is the right interest from someone, I will of course arrange a viewing and if you are wanting to buy her, I will come in person and do the deal myself, with a fresh MOT.

Reason for selling is the same as alot of people here, I just dont have the time to drive her at the moment and I wish that someone would enjoy her and have some summer B road fun . Plus I am looking to fund a T4 van here in Germany for travelling so its time to part. I have put alot into her over the past years, and have done everything to a high standard. 

Price. £2200 with full MOT, cash only and no swaps this time. 

Contact details:  the.reverb@hotmail dot co dot uk 

Pictures:

Again, these pictures are from a while ago, but the first 2 show how she is sitting now. The mini-lites are not available any more (about 2 summers ago)

More photos to follow.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:10:27 pm by 1982mk1 »

Offline lukem7187

Re: 1994 Original Polo G40 Alpine white
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:06:11 am »
im very intrested can u send me your number and ill get in touch abour the g40

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:45:20 am »
I'm a bit confused, reshelled with a 91 shell. Why is it on the 94 G40 plate? Did you swap the VIN numbers too?

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:36:07 am »
The shell is a 94 CL shell, he's put all his 91 G40 bits into it.

Isn't this technically a conversion then and not an 'original'

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:56:00 am »
"Reshelled with '91 CL Donor Shell"

The reg comes back as a genuine G40 in white registered in 1994. But if it is a 91 CL shell shouldn't it come back as a CL registered in 1991?

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 10:44:44 am »
Yes thats how i read it.

Looks like the old identity has been moved across, which could cause problems as it looks like its not the true identity of the car, as the car is a 1991 car

Sure the owner will be along to clarify the situation soon

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 02:59:34 pm »
Hey guys. Nice questions.

So its like this, I brought a complete 1991 CL 1.3 a year before I found the G40. I then came across a wrecked G40 and brought this also. The cars basically swapped their shells, from the G40 shell (the rolled one) into the CL.

The VIN plates and number plates came with the swap. So it depends on how you want to look at it. I see it from the view of reshelling a wrecked original G40 from the shell of the CL and saved a otherwise perfect car.
Or you could see it as a CL with G40 engine & running gear ect.. in which case, it would be listed as a conversion.

So as it stands now, with the Reg L429 TBD, it will come up as an Alpine white original G40. So there for, I am offering her as that.

Hope this clears up any confusions  ;)   

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 03:10:02 pm »
I should also add that I have a rather large folder of history, past MOT's, parts brought and work done to the G40. 

Offline tomedpayne

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 04:27:14 pm »
If this is for sale in a  few weeks I'll be very interested!

Offline Gra1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »
Hi do you have a contact no please

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:43 pm »
Hi, Im currently in Germany at the moment, so for me it is easier to speak via Pm or email, which is listed in the ad.

But by all means, if you want to call and pay a little extra per min, as its over seas, then I will happily give you my number.

Cheers,
David 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:56:52 pm by 1982mk1 »

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 10:53:06 am »
A few extra pictures from today

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:05:18 am by 1982mk1 »

Offline pettsy

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 10:00:57 am »
So it's not an original g40 at all. Have you changed the vin numbers on the chassis?

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 01:15:40 pm »
Yes, exactly. I changed the VIN plates. So as it is, its registered as an Alpine white G40. 

Offline josé

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 08:07:02 pm »
Is it not illegal to change vin plates / chassis numbers??

as you are basically claiming another car is something that it is not hence fraud?