Author Topic: 1994 Original Polo G40 Alpine white  (Read 17961 times)

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
Re: 1994 Original Polo G40 Alpine white
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 07:34:02 am »
Exactly if this sort of thing was allowed then wouldn't all the original G40s still be on the go?

Offline tomcj1992

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 09:10:02 am »
okay, so when people build new chassis for cars what do you think they do...? stamp the original vin number into it. like i said its a way of protecting your car against the DVLA as they will try and find any way possible to prevent classic cars being on the road.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 12:28:37 pm »
Hi,
Id first like to add well done for putting in the time and effort for saving a G40 and putting her back on the road! fair enough you cant sell as a "original" G but you've been honest with everyone which i appreciate. To all the guys slating this guy, hes gone to all the time and effort re shelling his previous G40, okay its not original but if you guys really knew your stuff you should know that the chassis and shells are more or less identical in all mk2f polos. Im a G owner myself and building a V8 BMW e28 with completely different running gear, air ride setup, bigger brakes, different wheels, custom exhaust ect. I am telling you guys this as you can clearly see that my BMW is hardly going to be "original" once complete.  Does this mean that my car is going to be illegal... yes most probably (if i inform the dvla they will ask so which part is original ... the shell :/ not going to go down too well now is it!) ! Do i give a fuck... Nope! That's what car building is about and if any of you guys have a problem then i suggest you go back and cry to your mumma about it :). Apologies for the rant, just some peoples comments are so lame its unbelievable.

Regards to all the haters lol
Tom

Behave please, this isnt a childrens forum. I think most people, yourself inculded would be pretty annoyed if you've paid for a genuine car and found out it was an illegal ringer with a false id.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »
okay, so when people build new chassis for cars what do you think they do...? stamp the original vin number into it. like i said its a way of protecting your car against the DVLA as they will try and find any way possible to prevent classic cars being on the road.

but you're missing the point.  That's the correct way to do it with a new shell.  welding a false identity onto a shell from another car isn't the right way to do it, perhaps it was an honest mistake (I think it must be or the OP would have just not mentioned it and the car would probably be sold by now), but it's still not a legal car.

It goes on all the time yes but in theory this could end up being taken off you and crushed. however unlikely that is, it could happen.  And whoever buys this needs to bear it in mind.

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 07:55:01 am »
Thanks alot to everyone with their concerns. I have been honest and truthful in every word written, and yes, I made an mistake. Thank you to all for pointing it out so well.

Fuck the Dvla. Fuck the system. I saved a G40 and in my eyes it was totally worth it, regardless of anything.   

The car is sold. You can close this thread.   

Good bye clubpolo G40. What a pleasure it was.

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 10:53:53 am »
Thanks alot to everyone with their concerns. I have been honest and truthful in every word written, and yes, I made an mistake. Thank you to all for pointing it out so well.

Fuck the Dvla. Fuck the system. I saved a G40 and in my eyes it was totally worth it, regardless of anything.   

The car is sold. You can close this thread.   

Good bye clubpolo G40. What a pleasure it was.

It's still wrong....

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 11:29:51 pm »
memories of the tom garett saga hahaha

OP has been honest, but the guy who you just sold to, when he sells it and omits the information you have honestly given to earn a quick buck, who is to blame then?

Ive done many a G40 conversion and saved loads, but i dont try and pass it off as an original. Interesting post though it is funny how peoples views differ!