Author Topic: Help please G40 still won't start :(  (Read 12482 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Help please G40 still won't start :(
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 08:40:33 pm »
is the chip in the right way? there's two ways to fit it and only one is right!

Offline langersG40

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 07:40:35 pm »
right I thinking Im finally getting there lol I found today when I disconnected the injectors it would fire up til it ran out of fuel in the combustion chamber :/ any ideas? Im guess its ECU related??

Offline kwijibo_coupe

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 04:39:53 pm »
How much power does the jump pack thing put out when it jumps a car?
I think I fried an ECU + Chip with one of them on my G40, but mine gave up seconds after it started.

I can't say for sure that's what happened to me as I went and pulled the engine out and replaced pretty much everything and nothing would make the car run till I bought a new ECU and chip.

Offline rusty

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 05:00:53 pm »
hopefully this isn't a stab in the dark.
sounds like all the electrics are working fine - you have spark at each 1/4 rotation. you have fuel. ECU is doing it's job and firing spark / injectors.

if HT leads - 2 were wrong way round i.e. 1342 / 1243 i've seen them attempt to start and backfire every other rotation.

right I thinking Im finally getting there lol I found today when I disconnected the injectors it would fire up til it ran out of fuel in the combustion chamber :/ any ideas? Im guess its ECU related??

this is what i'd be doing:

screw idle screw all way back in, unscrew one full turn. check throttle idle switch is working / accelerator cable isn't too tight so opening throttle. (don't touch throttle whilst attempting to start)

check the blue temp sensor resistance. check the wiring between blue sensor and the ECU pins - sounds like something broken with this to me. (flooding engine with fuel on cranking as it thinks its -40c or something) - or have you got the black & blue sensors connected the right way round?

is cam timing 100% spot on ? to the 0 on crank pulley i mean?
* get timing gun out (set at 0deg advance / no advance)
* get someone to crank over whilst pointing at the crank pulley (and check the cam pulley too), should be sparking somewhere near the 0/Z mark.
* stop cranking.
* losen distributor bolts slightly
* adjust
* start cranking again
* adjust again until it's sparking around 0 mark - i'd imagine it's almost running now / or the sound changes like it's starting to attempt at running.

post results.