Author Topic: Lysholm supercharcher  (Read 35108 times)

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
  • I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE ;)
Lysholm supercharcher
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:18:49 pm »
Hello everyone, new to the forum and G40 life, bought a g40 with a lysholm charger bolted on and setup well!

one issue is its super loud and isnt really practical for daily use!

the throttle doesnt move enough and idles at 2000 on tick over, the rod underneath is bent and held together with cabletie.. not the best

i plan to sort this and see if the charger is bearable at low revs because i love how it pulls and the sound when giving it some,

other option is another charger but not sure whats best and what i would need to convert back to standard g40 charger or a slightly uprated charger...

Please help :)

any comments would be great!

thanks

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Re: Lysholm supercharcher
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:24:21 pm »
Can you get a pick up of the G40 throttle body? Have you tried loosening the throttle cable?

In terms of another charger if you were to change an Eaton set up wouldn't be too difficult!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »
Theres not a great deal you can do about the noise. And eatons arnt much quieter
Might be worth going back to glader? A ported one though :)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
Ah you must be the person who bought the red g40 from poole area?

You can actually buy a silencer kit from lysholm. Not sure how much difference it makes though. I think that the charger you have is actually what the G60 engine uses as its really small. But you can run 22psi on a standard pulley which is crazy. Get it all sorted and mapped and that will make some great power.

If this is the one im thinking about, Throttle body is standard iirc, was a g40 cup engine and had wire locking on it.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:22:17 pm »

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:36:08 pm »
yep thats the one, i think the part holding the cable is bent forward to move the tick over up for race purposes? its held together with cable ties, bit worrying, goes like shit off a shovel

could you link me to a silencer kit, would be very interested

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »
Got a de wedged throttle body if you need one

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:57 pm »
tbh fella dont even know what that is, a little bit clueless when it comes to g40 engines :S

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »
On the butterfly valve inside the throttle body, vw stuck 2 big wedges inside. Apparently to make it slower or something. But most people tend to remove this to make it less restrictive.

You can tell if your has been done by simply removing the t-piece on top with allen keys. You should see 1 black wedge and 2 screws holding it in place. But it might of been removed already.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
And will have a look for the silencer kit. Think you have to order it from usa unless you speak to matt at only charged dubs as he his an authorised bbm seller and could probably get this in for you.

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/

Will look for kit now.

Also check if it is defiantly a lysholm, as it does look more like a BBM charger as in the link below

http://www.bahnbrenner.com/vw_audi/products/2652/NEW_BBM_G60_SUPERCHARGER_KIT
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:41:49 pm by Jezza-7 »

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 09:51:39 pm »
Right, they dont do them anymore mainly due to a problem with them breaking.

All it is, is a longer inlet pipe with the filter on, and cause of its length and the charger twisting it caused the welds to break after some time. You could see if you could make the pipe work for inlet longer, but i dont think it will dampen out the sound that much. With that charger, its gonna be loud no matter what you do. But if it is a bbm one you will sell it quite quick if you decide to sell it.

On dubforce there is always someone looking into it, not to mention someone off here would snap it up. I nearly bought the charger off sam, who was the owner who had it all done, when he was gonna break it.

Them chargers can run up to 2 bar of boost and on the g60 engine they can make up to 300bhp.

Would be worth keeping if you wanted to get more power.

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 09:53:14 pm »
doesnt look like the one in the link, and have been told its a lysholm, sound like one too!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »
2 bar of boost!! No way!
If you sell that charger ill swap you for a recently rebuilt jabbasport r1 glader lol
Just saying :P

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 10:06:11 pm »
BBM and Lysholm sound almost the same.

There usually over £2000!

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 10:07:22 pm »
might be a good shout! got any pictures and would it be straight forward swap for the chargers? i.e take mine off and new one bolts straight in?

im sorry i have no idea about G's :/ need to learn quick!