Author Topic: Lysholm supercharcher  (Read 34977 times)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Re: Lysholm supercharcher
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:23 pm »
Have a read around the forum dude, you will need to check your ecu chip injectors etc. make sure all the bits arnt specific to the charger. That includes the cam too

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 06:22:03 am »
Wow thats expensive! Yes it would be bolt on once youve removed all the bracketry from yours. Though its not really fair as like jezza said the lysholm charger is worth  £2000 whereas my glader is worth £400 (ported and rebuilt)

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 07:06:55 am »
Cheers tom, just been thinking about this. Ive got a custom map and an ecu with a lower map sensor and a glader specific cam. But as long as i can get it running and get a cam at a later date. I was planning on getting a remap at a later date so yoof could then put then uprated map sensor in and map it then

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 07:59:03 am »
Like the Eatons, the only real way to quieten one of these down is to have them sucking through the throttle body instead of blowing through it. At least that way when the throttle's closed you're damping some of the intake noise.

You could always try adding a throttle body on the inlet of the charger as well as retaining the standard one. I'd imagine getting the cable working properly might be a bit of a pig though. Or maybe you could actuate it with a vacuum/boost controlled device.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 08:18:50 am »
Like the Eatons, the only real way to quieten one of these down is to have them sucking through the throttle body instead of blowing through it. At least that way when the throttle's closed you're damping some of the intake noise.

You could always try adding a throttle body on the inlet of the charger as well as retaining the standard one. I'd imagine getting the cable working properly might be a bit of a pig though. Or maybe you could actuate it with a vacuum/boost controlled device.

Is that what the cooper s has on it?
Maybe worth looking at one to get some ideas? Cooper s as standard are quite quiet. The superchcharger isnt very loud at all, compared to how they sound on g40 conversions
Bmw must have got it spot on

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
  • I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE ;)
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 10:41:36 am »
well tbh if i dont wantmy setup its worthless to me, if you swing a bit of cash my way i would be very happy to swap!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »
lysholm are too loud for my liking, sounds cool but i couldnt drive it every day, maybe as a track car which was its owners purpose was.

Here is a G40 with an air raid siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epw1EZatQ2Q

Beleive this to be phil j's old car.

And this with an air box (not quieter at all)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBUN3c8D3Ss

And this is a good one for the sound whilst driving in a built up area, G60 rado though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxhDLMrlL4Q

The bracket that is on the car is also custom made.

Sam, you would need a new set of pulleys, charger bracket, charger, outlet elbow, pipe work and then air filter pipe work.
Oh and blanking plate or boost return pipework. I think the injectors are G60? Check if they are green.

Keep the standalone oil system you have though, thats worth keeping.

If you want a set of standard pulleys i got them you can have as they are of no use to me, but if you want PSD toothed ones expect to pay around £200 mark, although some recently went for a lot less.

Charger will cost anywhere between £250-£500 ported or standard. Outlet elbow a few £ and pipe work slightly more cause you got a front mount.

You can sell the charger setup for over £1000, or swap it for someone with what you need plus cash your way. Or sell it and get a G45 charger.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:45 pm »
Wow thats expensive! Yes it would be bolt on once youve removed all the bracketry from yours. Though its not really fair as like jezza said the lysholm charger is worth  £2000 whereas my glader is worth £400 (ported and rebuilt)

They used to sell new nearer to the £2800 mark i think.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »
£2800!! Dayum!!
Thats too much for me, youll get a better deal selling it on here as a kit then buying a charger and the other stuff. Might take a bit longer to sell but in the long run
if i had a bit of cash id swap you all my g40 bits and monies

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 12:45:13 pm »
Also i think it sounds friggin awesome!! Lol

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 12:47:16 pm »
Yeah but they wont go much for more than 1k these days. Plus that was a new price.

if the throttle had been placed before the charger, it would have reduced the noise, heat and parasitic load on the engine on all but full-throttle.

Thats why dragster chargers are fairly quiet.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 12:51:23 pm »
Speak to Jonny Betz and BBM to find out more. There a bit reluctant to give out some info though as i once found out.

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »
hasnt got anything on the end of the camshaft, i assume its standard!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 03:56:53 pm »
Sam said it was completely standard.

Offline samuel.cole

• Members
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 04:18:13 pm »
which sam haha? im confused