Author Topic: Apex seal grooves scrap? - broken  (Read 8068 times)

Offline xrrich

• Members
Re: Apex seal grooves scrap? - broken
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 08:03:57 pm »
sounds pikey lol as i say its only a spare so unless i blow mine up i wont worry too much, :)
cheers for the input though guys :)

Offline Karlos the jackyl

• Members
    • VW Polo
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 07:15:33 pm »
PSD used to chemical metal chargers for people if a pikey bodge was all they could afford. I ran a slut charger that was held together like that for a while, just relied on the intercooler strainer to catch any bits that fell out...

I ran my g60 blower like this for years without issues .. The power it made was crazy considering.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 07:38:03 pm »
Mine held together too, but always worried about the lumps scrapping the motor if it shat itself.

Offline Karlos the jackyl

• Members
    • VW Polo
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:10 pm »
Mine held together too, but always worried about the lumps scrapping the motor if it shat itself.

That had always been my worry from day zero as well , not because of the "repairs"  , but a g40/g60 charger can let go without warning... G60 even more so. Top bearings usually seize and wipe the whole lot out.

Apex seals are ok if you can keep on top of them .. old ones shrink and punch a hole in the ends due to excessive movement.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 09:27:06 pm »
I dislike reading about G laders, it just fills me with more worry about driving mine hard