Author Topic: And this is why I ll probably go for something else other than a G40 chassis nxt  (Read 4413 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Well I haven't posted much lately and the reason is that my beloved G40 sits in my garage wrecked with a broken chassis :'( . The attempts to find a replacement are not paying! (low prices but bad shaped chassis to begin with) so I was leaning towards the idea of making a G40 Arosa! Then I came across this video on Youtube and pretty much convinced me to go through with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzZCCVSJOP0&feature=related

Not saying that the Arosa has the best chassis but I believe it is going to be kinda better!

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
shift it into a mk4 polo then?? ...

still keeps it polo will a little update

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Well I haven't posted much lately and the reason is that my beloved G40 sits in my garage wrecked with a broken chassis :'( . The attempts to find a replacement are not paying! (low prices but bad shaped chassis to begin with) so I was leaning towards the idea of making a G40 Arosa! Then I came across this video on Youtube and pretty much convinced me to go through with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzZCCVSJOP0&feature=related

Not saying that the Arosa has the best chassis but I believe it is going to be kinda better!

I bet there aint much in it. That test is at massive speed compared to what you normally see. Most cars would shit themselves at 90kmph

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
I was going to say, 90km/h is 66mph, that's almost 50% faster than the Euro NCAP stuff.

And even then you're talking about a scientific yardstick not real-world conditions.

My Dad had a serious accident in a Mk2 Polo breadvan, involving a stolen Vauxhall Cavalier. It spun him around in the road, buckled the roof and flattened the front end. My Dad walked away.

I think it's a bit worrying that plenty of motorists these days (not targeted at the OP) jump into a five star car and assume they'll be fine in an accident. Safer, yes, but it's still dangerous having a crash.

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
I would never consider completely safe in any road car ?..

always in danger!

The coupe does somewhat give me a less secure feeling than my ibiza tho..

Offline Richg40

• Members
I've got a shell up for grabs.

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
It looks very dramatic but the thing that kills you are the internal forces that tear up important bits on the inside. I say keep the G40 chassis, makes driving hard very exhilarating and I'm sure I back off way before I would if it was in a newer chassis.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Get a full on cage welded in there, one that goes right through to the struts nthat should help it out lots in an accident.

Offline GR40

• Members
I've got a shell up for grabs.

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I live in Greece!

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Get a full on cage welded in there, one that goes right through to the struts nthat should help it out lots in an accident.

Then drive around in a helmet all the time to prevent being killed by a 10 mph side impact

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Then drive around in a helmet all the time to prevent being killed by a 10 mph side impact[/quote]

Only if your a lanky git, Then if you have a cage or no cage your going to nearly snap you neck in a T bone either way.