Author Topic: rear suspension what goes on top !?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
rear suspension what goes on top !?
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »
since i bought the car ive had coilovers fitted, all of which have had two rubber "doughnuts" which one goes abouve and one goes below the strut tower and then bolts on simple.

I am going to be trying out some shocks and springs and they come with no top parts on the rears they only come with springs with bottom spring seats , the springsin question are eibach so designed to work with standard fitment mountings, just wondering if any one could point out on the picture below which bits i wouold need to fit the suspension and if any of it was availible from anywhere off the shelf other than a scrap yard ??

thanks in advance , Anthony

Offline randombadger69

• Members
Re: rear suspension what goes on top !?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:06:41 am »
On that picture number 20. Spring seat made of rubber.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:46:22 am »
Any one know where i can get some of these from as im struggling to source numbers: 21,25,20,26,27 ive tried gsf and eurocar parts but they have gone obsolete from vw

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:32:04 pm »
They 2 rubber bushes (think 20 & 26) are obsolete from vw.

When I tried to get them from my local dealers, they gave me a few places that still had stock. You could try that route.

I got some bonrath ones from Phil J, little bit harder than standard, makes the back end feel alittle tighter, not sure its me or not though (had some other suspension work done at the same time). Should last longer than the vw ones too.... Not that they wear out that quickly, but should keep stiffer for longer

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:36:53 pm »
thanks for the info id prefer the standard rubber bushings ive tried classic parts.de theyve got in stock but there website is struggling at the moment also not sure if i can order direct through them or if ive got to go through vw heritage. If i cant get any standard rubber ones ill get some poly ones.

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:59:04 pm »
You can order direct from VW Classic Parts, fill out the online form (ignore the company details bit), ask your question and wait for a reply. A bit shit if these another thing difficult to get in the UK.