Author Topic: Central Locking  (Read 3091 times)

Offline johnyG40

• Members
Central Locking
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:06:34 pm »
im wanting to make my G central locking and to have it unlock through my Viper alarm thob.
Has anyone done this and what do i need to do to make it happen ???

thanks.

Offline johnyG40

• Members
Re: Central Locking
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:51 am »
Does knowone have remote central locking then?

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:45:58 am »
I think you ll have to find electromagnetic locks to fit in the original door mountings or make em fit! Don't know if there is a direct replacement out of any later model but I doubt it!

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 05:31:22 am »
again, ebay.

You'll want a kit with a remote input (to be honest don't even worry about that it seems t be standard on even the cheapest nastiest sets available).

You'll want 1x master (or 2 if you want the passenger lock to activate all the locks as the drivers would)
1x secondary (or not if you get 2x masters).
You could also get a solenoid to pop the boot. I'd strongly advise against it though (assuming you blank off the boot and remove the handle) as it's handy having the ability to open the boot with a key still. Dead battery, fucked locks, etc. BEen through it myself and it's much easier to use the boot, unless you're handy with some tools to "break in" without damaging stuff, that soon wears thin though.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 05:32:59 am »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-UNIVERSAL-REMOTE-CENTRAL-LOCKING-KIT-FITS-ALL-CARS-/370268157377?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item5635b3b5c1#ht_5042wt_952

You want something like that. It's handy having a couple if spare actuators, they die occasionally.

Other things you'll want are a couple of bits of piping and grommets to take the cables into the doors from the chassis. Otherwise you could eventually chobble a cable and earth out = popped fuse and no working locks (hence the boot lock idea above)

Offline johnyG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 01:24:31 am »
I have sorted this now, but thanks for the input.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:47 am »
Just as a tip to anyone with a flat battery and central locking preventing access to the car, bonnet etc...

Using jump cables with a spare battery/car (worth making some nice extra long and thick jump cables with welder earth cable and clips), jack up the front of the car and attach a positive lead to the alternator positive stub, and the earth to anywhere that'll provide you with a good connection.
Problem solved, you can now get into the car with a flat battery.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:56 pm »
   Neat!

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:55:03 am »
Good idea that!