Author Topic: vacume pipe question  (Read 1573 times)

Offline 10pin

• Members
vacume pipe question
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:00 pm »
Right on my G40 the pipe from the inlet manifold to the servo has just one  little T off of it for the ECU vacume pipe

and the pipe that connects to the fuel valve comes from the pipe underneath that goes to the ISV

and im not sure if this is correct because my firends servo pipe has two Ts one for the ECU and the other goes to the fuel valve his vacume pipe form the ISV is blanked off

now id like to know which ones is the correct set up and if it would cuase a hesitation i have when revving up

or am i being stupid and it would work either way as they both have vacume its just form pictures ive looked at of engines on here people seem to have differnt set ups for the ECU pipe

any info would be great cheers!

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: vacume pipe question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:42:04 pm »
you should have 2 take offs on the vacuum line mate, i dont think it will work from the line on the ISV - thats for the emissions canister.
get it changed and if your problem still persists then you have problems elsewhere but im sure it shouldnt be like that

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: vacume pipe question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:28:58 am »
can't see it making a difference really, they both just connect to the inlet manifold underneath the throttle plate for a vacuum signal.  but yes they normally have two connections just below the one-way valve on the servo vac pipe.