Author Topic: Brake pads  (Read 6161 times)

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
Re: Brake pads
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 09:50:45 pm »
I know the Ferodo DS2500 pads are supposed to be good but have you seen the price of them??!!! :o
Maybe someone knows better, but they seem to retail around £90 for a G40! Bloody rediculous if you ask me especially when you consider the size of 'em.
While we're on the subject of pads, I can never remember if it's the small or large pad that faces the piston? Helping out a mate and need to know for tomorrow!

Offline G40BLUE

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 09:33:10 am »
ds2500 pads are highly recommended, i use Ebc Green stuff find them ok for normal driving and light to moderate use. Are very dusty tho ..

grayg40 what power output has your polo got? also what style of driving do you have mainly in this car?
DJtez tell me one thing, what discs you use? I'm reading some posts from another people and I think the Ebc its not the best solution. I'm confused and I Didnt't know what I shood choose :(
Some people said that the green stuff make to much noise it's true? I heard about tarox g88 and pads ds2500 is a good choice!
Anyone can help me please?

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:43 am »
EBC are just a cheap option, there are in no way 'bad pads' but there are not the best.

I have never noticed noisy breaking, and i use Brembo Max (grooved discs)

When it was around 130-135bhp the set-up was ok, but at 165-170 it was little scary.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 03:30:04 pm »
While we're on the subject of pads, I can never remember if it's the small or large pad that faces the piston? Helping out a mate and need to know for tomorrow!

This soon becomes apparant. Will only fit one way round. I always think, "now which way do these go?", then soon remember as i try and fit a square through a round hole!

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 03:34:10 pm »
I've found Greenstuffs to be scary when braking from high speeds. I'll certainly not be using them on track.