Author Topic: Pitstop developments oil system  (Read 7568 times)

Offline dubdetail

• Members
Re: Pitstop developments oil system
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 04:21:13 pm »
What oil are you going to use? Sounds interesting.

That's a company secret. But here's a very little bit of info.

For turbo's
It's a special blend of gas turbine oil (non Toxic) and blended so that there is no residue left behind on bearings hoses etc. 

For chargers
It's a special blend of thin compressor oil (non Toxic) with some additional teflon in it and besides a small teflon coating there will be no residu left behind.

Pim Bonne
Dub-Detail.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »
Im still g-lader and currently using compressor oil and i use a cap full of zx-1 in with it to help. When my engine is back in i plan to use redline 0w20 i think it is with zx-1 as i run an oil pump in the system. Also run redline in my engine.

Offline dubdetail

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 05:55:14 pm »
Im still g-lader and currently using compressor oil and i use a cap full of zx-1 in with it to help. When my engine is back in i plan to use redline 0w20 i think it is with zx-1 as i run an oil pump in the system. Also run redline in my engine.

Ok, I think the blend you make is about the same we use. The main difference is that our oil is a true blend. Meaning it's put together to our spec with several ingredients. So we have our own oilblend and we buy it i big packages direct from our supplier.

Especially the turbo oil was a hard one to put together, because of the high temperatures. But it has al the wanted properties right now.

I'm planning to make 10 kits for a first batch in about 4 weeks. Meanwhile we'il run several test with the set-up.

Pim Bonne
Dub-Detail

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:05:09 pm by dubdetail »

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:08:17 am »
I'm using Joe Gibbs XP0 oil, a Facet cube pump ( good for all of 7psi) and an alloy catch tank.
Oil temp. sits at about 50 degrees. Pressure is interesting as it sits at 5 psi on idle, drops to 3psi as the revs increase, which looks as if the charger bearings  start to suck in the oil, then rises to 7psi above 6k. Looking at a Walbro fuel pump at £85 giving 15psi.

What Pim said about particles in the oil is true. When I first ran my standalone, it flushed a very small amount of micron dimension ferrous material from the charger which attached itself to the magnetic plug in the catch tank

Offline dubdetail

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 10:00:37 pm »
So testing is done.
G-charger set-up runs fine.
Turbo set-up needed some minor adjustments. MOCAL pumps can't handle the heat. So we changed it for a industrial pump with cnc-milled metal housing and brass turbine.

We are now ordering al the parts for 10 kits. For those interested email us at info@dubdetail.com.

Pim Bonne
Dub-Detail

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 11:40:02 am »
What sort of price are you looking at for a kit and what does it come with? I know you've listed on the previous page but I assume it's different now the pump is confirmed?

Offline dubdetail

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »
What sort of price are you looking at for a kit and what does it come with? I know you've listed on the previous page but I assume it's different now the pump is confirmed?

Because we're in the process of ordering the parts.
I don't know the purchase prices yet.

The first step is a basic kit:
-Same as PSD with a return for the acces oil pressure to the oil tank.

The basic kit can be up-rated with:
-Oil filter set-up.
-Different pumps.
-Air/Oil cooler set-up.
-Water/oil cooler set-up.
-Special oils.

Pim Bonne
Dub-Detail