Author Topic: 1985 Rallye Yellow Coupe S G40  (Read 28196 times)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: 1985 Rallye Yellow Coupe S G40
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 11:22:56 pm »
Cheers man! Yeah you.shoulda come! Hows your build going?

Ta for seat choice too!

Grey g now back on bbs and standard g40 suspension albeit ta technix rear shocks as the oem ones were dead, and powerflex track control arm and anti roll bar bushes.

Perils now rocking a hnr cup kit with kw rear shocks and rosejointed steering arms and track control arms.
Also stonechipped all the inner arches and refitted the front arch liners.

Couple of pics after the weekends work.

621 miles on the new head, gonna stick another charger thatwe rebuilt to trial the new oil seals, just gotta get up to 1k on the head.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:35 am »
finally got my oz routes back on the peril and it got treated to a wash a couple of weeks ago

exhaust needs rehanging and some fresh rubbers!

cleaned up and etch primed the rear bench so now just gotta weld up the battery tray and i can stick all my interior back in! woop

also treated her to new oil, filter and spark plugs, done 1500 miles since the new head, gonna stick the spare charger on at the weekend and start running that in, after me , pete and adam rebuilt them with some new nitrile seals :)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 05:16:06 am »
We recently embarked on a 4000 mile jaunt across Europe to visit Romania and drive the DN7C - Transfăgărășan Pass.

Travelled to France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Back through Austria, Gemany, Belgium & France.

Over 3859 miles, we managed an average MPG of 38.79, with a max of 50.54 and min of 25.5 which was due to the constant stopping and low speed driving on the poor roads of Serbia! They were an absolute shambles in places. We also managed to guzzle our way through 101 gallons of fuel!

The tracking went out and wore through a set of new 195/45/14s and the smallest size i could find in serbia which was 185/55/14 purely by chance as a tiny pikey tyre shop had some part worns. scrubbing city on the front though

fuel line popped off twice, as i hadnt had a chance to change it before the trip, the worst place was on a massive uphill section on a blind corner, with a truck behind us. not cool! but quickly sorted and off again.

fan needed to be on most the time in the super hot weather but the rad temp switch didnt seem to be working, so a quick rewire and job was done.

A stone got stuck in my disc in Serbia after stopping to ask for directions, whipped the wheel off and sorted it, and we've carried the jammy wee get the whole way home

also had to drive through a massive flood water in bulgaria that went half way up my bumper! but abandoned and found another way round. cleaned my wheels but arghhhhhhhh

heres a few of my fave pics of the peril from the journey

Dover

Pitstop in a German Layby

Got to Stuttgart

En Route to Romania

Caught up with some Mongol Rallyiers

The road up the North Side of the Transfăgărășan Pass

Admiring the view

The reason were here

Final Destination Much?

Sibiu, Romania

On a Ferry Crossing from Romania to Bulgaria

KRK Island, Croatia

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 08:42:00 am »
Amazing!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 12:10:28 pm »
That's fucking blinding! Nothing less. Best travel post by far.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 12:29:05 pm »
Cheers man was scary at points but epic none the less!

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 01:19:33 am »
Border patrol, Bulgaria to Serbia

Sorting a stone stuck in the brake disc in Serbia

Couple of pics from Tatton park a couple of days after returning back from our holiday.

The trip had taken its toll on the old girl, so it got a bit of tlc this weekend.

Fitted a new lambda, fuel pump and supercharger.

Also remounted the alternator as it had come loose, the bracket id used before wasnt really suitable so after a bit of fettling ive now managed to get the belt properly tensioned and have full boost again! Woohoo!

Also replaced the stage 3 subframe with a stage2 one with gladersiete blocks, as the stage 3 is going on the turbo.

Got some 195/40s coming for the front too woop!

Just need to get the battery tray welded up and then I can get a few bits etch primed and get the car into the bodyshop for a lick of paint!

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 07:08:48 am »
wooow perfect trip !!!! and hell yea you were in my country !!! You passed Croatia !!!

And... what do you think about it?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:11:47 am by Ä‘uro »

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 12:19:29 pm »
Croatia is amazin! That and Slovenia are two of my fav countries. We we travelled to plitvice jezera last year to visit the national park there, and it was the most beautiful place ive ever been by far! So many vws there too, mk2 golfs a plenty! Didnt was any mk1s unfortunatly!

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:25 pm »

MK1 is not rare in Croatia. In town called Karlovac I know at least 10 of them
Plitvice lakes are nice but lot of people just spoil the nature.

Try to look for Kornati national park or national park Krka. you'll see the beauty.

If you'll come next year send me email nd will find you good accomodation nd give you few tips  ;)

Offline Dan:)

• Members
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »
Probably a long shot, but do you still have the steelies that were on the 1st picture for sale??

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »
A'uro - Mk1 Polos or Golfs? We saw loads of Mk1 Golfs, we drove through in 2010 in a cabby mk1 golf and had a few chats with owners, got pics of about 10. We drove through Karlovac, I stopped to take a pic of a few there.

Didnt see a single Mk1 polo on either of our two road-trips.

Dan - nah scrapped the coupe s steels many moons ago

Offline Dan:)

• Members
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 08:26:21 pm »
Ak ok. Thanks for the reply  :)

Offline eppo

• Members
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 12:35:41 am »
beauty ;)

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 10:22:34 am »
quote author=grungeisdead link=topic=6499.msg55535#msg55535 date=1325864008]
A'uro - Mk1 Polos or Golfs? We saw loads of Mk1 Golfs, we drove through in 2010 in a cabby mk1 golf and had a few chats with owners, got pics of about 10. We drove through Karlovac, I stopped to take a pic of a few there.

Didnt see a single Mk1 polo on either of our two road-trips.

Dan - nah scrapped the coupe s steels many moons ago
[/quote]

I was thinking on MK1 Golfs but also Polos still can be found. My neigbhour hs one