Author Topic: The Dirrtbox  (Read 20309 times)

Offline Dan

• Members
Re: The Dirrtbox
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 09:17:46 pm »
Interesting downpipe ! What happens, does it merge into one pipe or carry on dual, down the car ? is it immediately silenced from the downpipe there ?

Offline BigJon

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:29 pm »
Where did you get your coilovers from matey?? how much if you dont mind me asking??

Thanks

:DJon

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 11:20:52 am »
Looking goooood.

Seems as though you've had alot of problems to deal with? lol.

As for running a turbo with the G-lader, you're gonna need ALOT of dosh to pull that off! Would be the only G running that tho :-)

I'd say there was something not cricket if you only managed 149bhp with your spec. I got 136bhp and i have alot less. (full blend charger, ind kit & heatshield, 65mm pulley & chip). I should be well over that when it comes back! lol.

Keep up the good work D.

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 03:19:28 pm »
Better late than never right?

The Lump

The Hump

Not bad looking after not touching it for 9 months huh?

Where a lot of the engine is right now

They tried and fail... God bless locking wheel nuts!

So I've been non stop last year running Never-Lift and working for Drift One which I am thoroughly enjoying and will be continuing with this year
An article for those interested: http://www.drifted.com/ian-gratton/grassro...-november/5335/

Big changes my end, re located to Castle Donington, working at Donington Park, getting married this year and now I'm finally in a position to sort the G out, mainly because the E30 is too unreliable and causing us problems.

The plan right now is to make sure the G is all good and get it running again. Updates in the next weeks to come!
Future plan is to rebuild my old engine with a turbo and then take out this new one an eaton it and play between them both... But we'll see how cashflow goes and how much drifting will swallow my cash!

I would just like to give a massive thanks to Saf for hooking me up and I'm sorry I had to stand my ground on the deal but I'm glad you got something sorted
Thanks to Yoof, was nice to finally meet you and we'll deffo be in touch for some services.

Engine out, new engine cleaned, old bits off the old engine being put on the new.
Getting there...

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:28:28 pm by Dirrt »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 04:29:34 pm »
those camcap studs are only m7 and easy to bend!!! i'd check them after having an engine dangling on them! nice progress though!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 05:09:23 pm »
Nice progress but yeah don't pick an engine up like that, use the hook on the back.

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »
There's no cam in there it made sense.

Mike asked if any of you knew the poundage of g40 valve springs? As he believes the 60kg of the engine is trivial in comparison.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 06:30:59 pm »
I was more thinking of damage caused by the strap to the end caps than them falling off although the vast majority of the weight is going into the end caps there too.  Don't see the point when you have a hook right there designed for the job.

Yes we're still the same old pedantic gist we always were :D

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 06:54:36 pm »
all i know is that the valve springs have bend the studs in one of my heads, so they aint strong.

ps your arm is quite hairy for a girl  :o

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »
I was more thinking of damage caused by the strap to the end caps than them falling off although the vast majority of the weight is going into the end caps there too.  Don't see the point when you have a hook right there designed for the job.

Yes we're still the same old pedantic gist we always were :D
Mike said thanks for your concern.

Oh I expected nothing less. Glad you're all still on form :D

all i know is that the valve springs have bend the studs in one of my heads, so they aint strong.

ps your arm is quite hairy for a girl  :o
p.s I'll show you some time if you like?  ;)
 :D
Just a funny picture. Clean hand where his glove was!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 06:23:39 pm »
Well more progress pictures from Mike's last couple of sessions on the G...

Engine back in

Broken manifold studs drilled out and helicoiled

Manifold fitted and charger back on

Throttle elbow refitted, pipework fitted, everything back together apart from plugs and leads

Another angle

Melted plug from cylinder 2, the cylinder with the melted piston

Nasty... Turns out the plugs were WR7DC+, which after Mike researched were NOT right for the G. As stated by a few earlier in this thread WR5's are what was needed, possibly WR4's since the G had the R1 charger and other mods. But the ones fitted just before the engine died were WR7 fails.

Now have some NGK BP7EVX on order which are equivalent to Bosch WR5/4. These particular NGK's were recommended over on a thread on here between Yoof and Saf, so hopefully no issues there now!

More updates to come... Getting close now  ;D

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 06:39:38 pm »
yeah i couldnt get hold of any W4DPOs and the NGK ones youve stated have been fine in mine to date bar coking up on one cylinder, but the engines being replaced with a 97k one and the originals being rebuilt.

sweet progress chick, well looking forward to seeing this back on the road again. mr gaynors done good!