Author Topic: Word of warning  (Read 3897 times)

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
Re: Word of warning
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 10:43:35 am »
I recogognise that sight, it was the only bit of rust on the whole shell for me and boy was it rusted through in places. I cut the whole lot out, treated, primered and painted the stumps...

Offline Petrified

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »
Had a go at trying to sort this after work tonight, not really enough daylight but I was able to remove most of the pipe. You wouldnt of thought it was too bad to look at but here some pics. I know theres quite a bit that fell down that I need to remove. I'm gonna go out and have a go at that now and hopefully get the rest by tomorrow. Heres some pics.

Not really sure what to treat the ends with or what to do with the specs of rust that have built up on the inner wing.

The pipe removed

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 08:30:22 pm »
vactan mate,  http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/vactan.html

also sold on ebay too.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 08:47:19 pm »
Just outa intrest how'd you remove the pipe did you cut it out or just pull it out because it's so rusty ?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 08:48:33 pm »
That Vactan looks real handy stuff Lance; especially at that price. Do you reckon it would do as a primer on the old girls arse (maybe even on the G's).

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »
i get as much rust of as i can then prime with that then zinc prime over the top of that expensive way but worth it for the long run