Author Topic: Club g40 rolling road day 15th November - BOOKED  (Read 75136 times)

Offline Varley

• Members
Re: Club g40 rolling road day 15th November - BOOKED
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2008, 10:21:14 am »
Tidy, see you then.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2008, 05:01:44 pm »
I'll be 1 wheelbolt short but i'll be there at some point. depends when the other half gets out of bed!

Anyone got a spare plastic trim rivet they dont want? i only need 1

Offline dubmanic

• Members
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2008, 08:51:56 pm »
ahh wish id known about this b4,im a newbie to the g40,i booked a weekend at center parks otherwise id be down to see this,maybe next year,have a good rollin road day guys.  :'(

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2008, 09:20:35 pm »
im all excited!

not had time to get my car looking nice, so it iwll have to do how it is!

Offline Liz

• Members
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2008, 09:42:26 pm »
now i think i may be going as my other half wants to go to cambridge to hopefully buy a 306, i really don't see the attraction myself but i think seeing as i'm being dragged out of bed and up there to look at something i'm really not interested in i might as well just come up for the afternoon and piss up as compensation :-)
can't run bluey as the trackings not done but be good to see everyone anyway i just need to take it a bit easy and not make myself more ill! lol.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2008, 10:10:10 pm »
Well all cleaned and polished today (probably be ditched by the time i get there though) so see you around 9 guys & girls

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2008, 10:21:08 pm »
mines clean but not polished. probably get dirty on the drive over anyway!

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2008, 04:47:58 pm »
"why can't I go back to how I used to be?"

"what, a virgin?" lmao

Quote of the week!

Nice to meet all you guys. Had a good laugh today and given me lots to think about. Got to improve on the 137bhp for next time.

cheers for the shmoke too   ;)                                                                       
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:08:05 pm by vwmk3jon »

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2008, 10:02:31 pm »
"why can't I go back to how I used to be?"

"what, a virgin?" lmao

Quote of the week!

Nice to meet all you guys. Had a good laugh today and given me lots to think about. Got to improve on the 137bhp for next time.

cheers for the shmoke too   ;)                                                                       

Great quote there mate i think that was me lol

didnt realise you got 137bhp, so did i.

hope ypu got back ok, i couldnt see anything on the way home with all the spray. :-)

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:00 pm »
i applaud you for the quote. Had us in stitches! Yup, 137bhp at the flywheel. I'm happy with that(for now!)

I actually wrote that to the forum sat in the pub so i didnt forget!

The drive home was bloody terrible. visibility on the M6 was poo. Traction in places was an issue too!  no rain over here tho so the roads were dr enough to put all those horses to use! some guy in a 3.0 TDI audi tried to leave me! He flashed me past when he realised i was sticking to his rear bumper!

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2008, 10:19:19 pm »
i applaud you for the quote. Had us in stitches! Yup, 137bhp at the flywheel. I'm happy with that(for now!)

I actually wrote that to the forum sat in the pub so i didnt forget!

The drive home was bloody terrible. visibility on the M6 was poo. Traction in places was an issue too!  no rain over here tho so the roads were dr enough to put all those horses to use! some guy in a 3.0 TDI audi tried to leave me! He flashed me past when he realised i was sticking to his rear bumper!

Quick whitted mate lol. you sure he wasnt just driving normally an you pissed him off so he let you past lmao.

didnt have an issue with traction, my car was a hoot, could finally go in to the boost it is so much better, smoother and faster. smiles all round. full service next sat some EBC grooved and driiled dics and red stuff pads aswell. sorted.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2008, 11:47:58 pm »
he pulled onto a dual carriageway and put his foot down upto 100ish and then tried again after the next roundabout when it turned back into a normal road. Hit is indicators when he realised i was still sat there to let me past but i couldnt be bothered. Managed to use £30 fuel today so i must have a fuelling problem?

Got the wheels spinning up on a couple of roundabouts and in slow traffic on the M6!!! my pads are abit low so looking at some mintex disks and pads.

Offline giorgio

• Members
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2008, 01:46:02 pm »
Managed to use £30 fuel today so i must have a fuelling problem?

thats about right for a G ;D

shame I didn't make it. Cars going to get mapped and caged over the winter so hopefully be ready for show season

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2008, 05:25:16 pm »
£30 for just over 200miles i should say. I was doing a constant 80 on the motorway though. Gonna stick the G60 greens in when i find the chip to go with them! Think its been lost forever  :'(

Offline Liz

• Members
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 07:57:32 pm »
I put £31 in bluey and did 340 odd miles before i needed more, then had to put another £30 in to get home and now on about half a tank, really annoying having the smaller tank lol.
shitty drive home today and a shame i missed the rollers but was a good day and night out never the less, although we do need more people on the night out!

oh and if anyone gets any EBC stickers can they save them for me please?

ta