Author Topic: Brand New G40 Laders  (Read 14677 times)

Offline Guddi G40

• Members
[quote pid=3394 author=jonboy date=1219087116]guddi up on clubpolo you posted the pic of the new charger where the castings were totally smooth and the pic of a used one with circular markings on them, its really bugging me as to how they get formed! is it just down to dirt particals getting into the charger? sorry to go off topic![/quote]

Hi,

yes you are right, it is dirt and dust sitting below the apex stripes and then grab into the really soft magnesium....

You find those "marks" on every used charger...thats why a new charger is always the better part to get when good boost pressure is wanted...the apex stripes cannot seal those marks as they are to hard due to long term use of those stripes.

Thanks!

Martin

jonboy

i see! cheers for confirming that

Offline steevepolog40

• Members

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
only problem is id need to spend another 500 quid porting it out to run with all my mods so wouldn't work out to be cost effective, however would look good on the the side in my room lol

Offline steevepolog40

• Members
mee too  lol  

Offline Guddi G40

• Members
[quote pid=3455 author=wozzaG40 date=1219266060]only problem is id need to spend another 500 quid porting it out to run with all my mods so wouldn't work out to be cost effective, however would look good on the the side in my room lol[/quote]

What are you really ecpecting from the porting ? 0,1bar more pressure ok. But the new charger makes this 0,1bar more pressure, cause the apex strips are working better.

If you port a new charger you may get 0.2bar more boost pressure, so your setup is also not correct.

Martin

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
porting a charger doesn't cost £500 anyway.  A full service and porting costs roughly that but most of those costs are in the new seals and bearings etc...  Porting alone should be about £200 if I remember correctly (going off what PSD used to charge).

However, I'd be nervous about the condition of seals that have been sat in a charger on a shelf for 15+ years.

Offline Guddi G40

• Members
[quote pid=3465 author=hayesey date=1219312798]

However, I'd be nervous about the condition of seals that have been sat in a charger on a shelf for 15+ years.[/quote]

But you should consider that if you order it right at VW you get the same charger, and do you really think that they sell chargers with warranty from those they know that the chargers will produce trouble with the sealings ?

The last produced chargers were made in 1992, after they put a lot chargers in stock, they destroyed all the machines.

Martin

Offline G-spot

• Members
[quote pid=3455 author=wozzaG40 date=1219266060]only problem is id need to spend another 500 quid porting it out to run with all my mods so wouldn't work out to be cost effective, however would look good on the the side in my room lol[/quote]

Whoever quoted you 500 for porting is having a laugh, if its all new then I'd happly strip, port it and rebuild with fresh klubber grease for 220 +p&p

Orderly queue please

;)

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
[quote pid=3483 author=G-spot date=1219350408][quote pid=3455 author=wozzaG40 date=1219266060]only problem is id need to spend another 500 quid porting it out to run with all my mods so wouldn't work out to be cost effective, however would look good on the the side in my room lol[/quote]

Whoever quoted you 500 for porting is having a laugh, if its all new then I'd happly strip, port it and rebuild with fresh klubber grease for 220 +p&p

Orderly queue please

;)[/quote]

I wasn't quoting the price for soley the porting guys, it was a price for stage R1 port an a full service at Jabbasport. Unless ofcourse you are selling the units with a warranty i would get is serviced for piece of mind
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:42:03 am by wozzaG40 »

Offline steevepolog40

• Members
alors tu me les vends combien tes compresseur g40?

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: Brand New G40 Laders
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »

Suppose it would be silly to assume any of these are left ?