Author Topic: Thankyou!  (Read 1766 times)

Offline jake_smith

• Members
Thankyou!
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:10:30 pm »
Well after 2 weeks of endless threads in the engine & transmision section id like officaly say the g40 is done!!

Just like to say thanks to the forum members who helped me on my way.

Thanks alot guys (Y) much appreciated.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Thankyou!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:40:39 pm »
cooool what was causing it to run like shit?

Offline jake_smith

• Members
Re: Thankyou!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 10:55:19 pm »
I never really ran like shit...

It was more of a exhaust blowing massivle , heat sheilds rattleing about. all this just cause loadssss of noise. So i couldnt really hear much from the engine.

But i had to get the sump off anyway to replace the gasket, because it was leaking. So when i got the sump off i assumed the bottom end had gone because of the conrod movement side to side. But youth says thats normal haha , and if theres one man to trust its him!

oil pressure light on dash was due to a broken wire

and battery light on dash was due to a numpty who had engine before me he had put the alternators positive to the earth on the starter motor instead of the starter motors positve!

But all is good now, no noises (apart from a slightly blowing exhaust) but this is because of the shity designed exhaust.. so i gota take it powerflow in stafford in the week to get that done.

and the drivers side rear light dont work! all the others do apart from that work. and its not the circuit board thingy cause ive tried the passengers in the drivers and it still dosent work. so another wiring problem haha  :o