Author Topic: This is whats replaced my g40..  (Read 2599 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
This is whats replaced my g40..
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:25:20 pm »
bought this to use as a daily.. g40 is now tucked away under a cover for another day.

A mk4 golf gt tdi 130pd as a daily. Bought it completly standard, very clean and original drives a billion times nicer than the g40 but isnt as fun. Got all the tricks climate control etc and now with coilovers and powder coated gloss black comps Im pretty happy.  Car is lower now as ive took the rear adjusters out and should settle a tad more but its still nicely practical and looks well.  Future plans (next week) are gloss black vinyl roof and gloss black badges.  that will be all.  Apologies for shite iPhone photos.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: This is whats replaced my g40..
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:15:04 pm »
what sort of money did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?  I'm considering one (or a bora) to replace my passat with sometime this year. 

wheels look good, not my choice of colour for the car but I think it works fairly well with those black wheels

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:57:58 pm »
Not my choice of colour really and initailly I was very sceptical about it but since its no where near as common as silver and black I went for it as it had everything else to make up for it, climate control, full history, the rear bushes had been done and its barely got a scratch anywhere. Much cleaner than any of the others I went to see.  I paid 4.5 for it, not cheap I know but the going rate for the age it is and spec is around this anyway, ones for less seem to be non PD engined ones, really rough or have been to the moon and back. 

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:18:18 pm »
yeah it sounds worth it.  I know what you mean, some of those cars have just been used and abused.

Offline buster.g40

• Members
  • Old enough to know better....
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 09:47:45 am »
Saw this in the flesh last week...nice looking car Dan.

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 03:01:02 pm »
Get it mapped  :D

Offline jake_smith

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:58 pm »
Loveeee that colour mate, look evil with the black wheels.

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:39:33 pm »
looks well pal, best motor too ;)