Author Topic: Clio 172  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Clio 172
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:43:39 pm »
I now need a larger car suitable for towing my track Polo around, hence the Clio has to go.

Info

58,400 miles - I've only used it on the motorway going to see friends as I cycle to work, so hasn't done short journeys in my ownership.

51 Plate 172 (fitted with 182 manifold)

12 Months MOT (passed today)

Tax Until November 2010

Regularly returns 38mpg on the motorway, and 33mpg around town. I always run my cars on Shell V-Power. 

Service History

I bought the car from Mark One on here, it came with little service history, although the cambelt was done at GDi in January 2009, since then it's only covered 7,000 miles.

I have just had the car serviced and MOTd at Northwest Performance (would highly reccomend) at just over £300, all fluids and filters have been changed and the gearbox oil has also been done.

For the MOT it needed a new number plate bulb and a pair of ARB bushes, Northwest Performance fitted both items and it now has 12 months MOT.

The car had 4 brand new 195/45 Goodyear Eagle F1s before Christmas- these have since covered 2,000miles and have near to full tread on all 4.

Modifications

The car is standard apart from a 182 exhaust manifold, de-cat pipe (catalyst currently fitted for MOT) and a Yozza-Sport Stealth system (not much louder than stock with cat fitted)

In Autum last year I ran the car at John Sleath's rolling road, it made 175bhp at the flywheel (145bhp @ wheels) which means it pulls nicely in all gears.

Bodywork & Interior

I believe the car has been in a carpark bump in the past as the grill has a small crack in, the dent in the bonnet is from a previous owner closing it! The paint certainly polishes up well- it had the full works (claybar & 3 stage wax/polish) a few weeks ago.

All 4 wheels have kerb marks in them but they balanced up fine, if I were keeping it I'd have these refurbished.

Interior is mint, no wear to steering wheel, seats, or gearstick- a tribute to a garaged life and not being driven much!

Pictures

I've priced with a quick sale in mind at £2995 ono

I'm in Chelford, Cheshire and around all bank holiday weekend.

Many Thanks,

Pete

P.S- Please e-mail have_a_last_day@hotmail.com for a contact number