Author Topic: Noisy serviced charger.  (Read 10971 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: Noisy serviced charger.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 08:59:04 pm »
Disconnect the outlet pipe from the charger where it joins the return to the sump then you can rev the engine to see whats coming through the charger. Have a tin or bottle to collect the oil.

Offline dubface

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 09:40:30 pm »
Right, I removed the oil feed pipe and tried the air line on it today.  I can blow though it but it does seem quite restricted.

Oil is flying out of the hole at the back of the head where the oil feed connects (it's spat all up my garage wall - anyone know how to get oil out of breeze block??) but still just dribbled out of the feed when I reconnected it.  Doesn't seem to add up.  Is the feed pipe meant to restrict the oil flow in this way?

Thanks for the help so far.

Offline dubface

• Members
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 06:00:52 pm »
Ok guys, bit of an update. 

I've renewed the oil feed pipe with a brand new one from VAG and the noises continue. :'(

Can anyone clarify how much oil should be coming though this line.  With the engine running and the bango bolt on the charger slackened - I'm just getting a dribble of oil running out and down the side of the charger.  Does this sound about right?

Any help much appreciated as I'm getting disheartened with this now - want my G back

Thanks