Author Topic: *Random G40 Picture Thread*  (Read 82850 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: *Random G40 Picture Thread*
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2013, 01:00:19 pm »
Makes the £350ish for my pukka WL kit go down alot easier....  :)

Still, the front bumper looks the tits and should be sweet once done, get on it!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:38 am »
[quote author=jez1272gt
Neglected.

Get on it man, it's going to look excellent. As for the cash, it's only money down the drain if you don't finish it.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2013, 03:00:53 pm »
its money wasted whatever really lol. i am trying to get the loose ends tied up over the next month or 2 as i have 90% of the bits. i really want it done for the summer.. :)

Offline sparkz786

• Members
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2013, 11:47:15 am »
I love this G, Not sure whos it is as it pops up on google when you type in polo g40! Cant find any info onit either but real or fake picture....looks the absolute business. Love the colour and wheels!

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »
I love this G, Not sure whos it is as it pops up on google when you type in polo g40! Cant find any info onit either but real or fake picture....looks the absolute business. Love the colour and wheels!

that is cause it's virtually colored! I believe the original is silver!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2013, 06:51:50 pm »

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »
Looks absolutely sick that!

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:55 pm »

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2013, 11:09:43 pm »
Looks absolutely sick that!

Shame that polos parked in the way  :P

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2013, 05:35:57 pm »
Pegasus engine and thrust vectoring, 50's design lol! Its a pitty they went out of service, decent noise.

Similar sort of design efforts went into the polo  ;D

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »
Yeah they should never of got rid of the sea harrier. One in pic is a GR. Still one of the best aircraft they had, and with one of the worlds most advanced radar. Blue vixen i thing it was called. My mate who worked on them at yeovilton said when they used to test the radar system and weapon locking, they used to point it at the road and track cars coming down a hill about 2-3 miles away, then simulate a weapon firing at the car.

Hmmm, thrust vectoring.....

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2013, 07:28:41 pm »
Are you a mech or aircrew james? Somehow got you in my mind as a loadie. Car looks so nice man, makes me miss my satin m05s! Perfect stance too, coils make it so shit to get everything the right height as the rears can go to the floor

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »
I went to a lecture the other week by the guy that oversaw the harrier project. He had some good footage fom the early test flights. Interesting stuff.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »
I've been to a few bases and seen em practising of ramps etc and vertical take off stuff too(before they went out of service). A mate of mine was a harrier pilot then got transferred onto the typhoon (best pilots were harrier pilots due to the nozzle transition) . The engine is a work of art though, went round the Rolls factory in Derby with Uni and they had one there. Loads crashed in the testing phase didn't they?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »
Im an aircraft engineer in the fleet air arm (royal navy) on a promotion course at the mo.

Yeah a lot crashed from being in the hover. They use water to increase thrust, like water injection, but it only gave them a limited supply then they ran out and fell quite quickly.

This video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uEguTYq3U

Was something to do with the pilots jacket catching, i think, the selector for hover lever and caused it to literally fall out the sky.

This was a harrier that crashed at yeovilton into the river yeo.

http://www.davebellamy.co.uk/index.php?MF=crashed_sea_harrier.htm

AS you can imagine the environment people were not happy.

You wanna check out the new VTOL F35 lighting. Thats got some crazy stuff going on for the hover. Looks like a transformer coming into land and used a fan to make it hover with the jet nozzles at the rear to help.

Doesnt the engine produce hot and cold air for the nozzles? Cant remember now, and then it has air tubes running down the wings to enable it to turn in the hover.

Also the G-Lynx used water methanol injection to set the fastest speed record for a chopper.

And i think in WW2 they used water injection for the aircraft. The spitfire used a supercharger to get more power as it went higher.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:04:12 pm by Jezza-7 »