Author Topic: mk2 eaton g40's?  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Dubownerbilco

• Members
mk2 eaton g40's?
« on: December 12, 2014, 08:13:50 pm »
i have done plenty of internet searching and i am really struggling to find engine bay/front end pictures of mk2 eaton g40's, are they really that rare?

i need some because i need inspiration for intercooler and rad positions and just to see how other people mounted everything up in the engine bay...

heres how mine sits and the space i have/don't have for the intercooler/radiator

craig :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:18:25 pm by Dubownerbilco »

Offline Freddy77

• Members
Re: mk2 eaton g40's?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »
I looked into this and realized it would be hard to do with a mk2 as they have very limited space however its not impossible. Depending on your requirements and opinions of cuting your beloved polo about. You can buy fmic which are quites small which would sit perfect in the void behind your number plate. With a g lader it is harder to do than with an Eaton I would say so there is a possibility. The rd can be mounted in about an inch further forward and a touch lowerer without too much fettling
There is also possibility of using the oem mk2 g40 position for your intercooler which is in the void below your radiator behind your splitter and drill holes to allow suitable air flow. Look at the pictures of my mk2 in the forsale section and see where my intercooler want as that was a black art getting one the right size and shape to fit
Hope this helps

Offline vee-dub90

• Members
    • Facebook
Re: mk2 eaton g40's?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:28:30 pm »
You can always use a half rad off a civic, and you can get the uprated ally versions too