Author Topic: Fresh from Andy Robinson  (Read 22789 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Fresh from Andy Robinson
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 08:18:27 pm »
hate to say it but it's not ideal having it above the throttle plate as it could see boost pressure there with the throttle closed meaning the ecu will add too much fuel in when this happens.  prob not a major issue as it'll only really happen for a brief period when you lift off the accelerator.

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 08:25:27 pm »
ie flames out the back! ;)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 08:54:38 pm »
Pain in the arse come to mapping time.... your post throttle and pre throttle pressures will always differ, especially as Paul says when opening/closing the throttle.

Ideally you need it plumbed in next to (but not on) the same line as the MAP sensor- they will then correspond.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 09:11:25 pm »
Looks neat Jez, but Yoof and Hayesey do have a point.

More importantly, at closed throttle the ECU will see the idle/closed throttle switch active setting it to the overrun condition (i.e. fuel cut). But if your pressure (full-throttle) switch is also active, it'll be sending the full-throttle signal to the ECU too.

My guess is it may give the ECU the hump on the basis that it's seeing both open and closed throttle, and possibly log a fault with the throttle switches.

There might not be a plausibility diagnostic on the inputs though (Digifant's diagnostics are hardly what you'd call advanced!), and the open and closed throttle condition might be brief enough for it never to be an issue.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 11:21:26 pm »
 :) I do make myself laugh!! I didnt really give that any thought guys. Just thought, that will do the job. No problems though really, easy enough to weld the hole up and smooth it back!! I'll have another look at the 'body and put it in there somewhere.. back to the drawiing board as usual!! haha

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:29 am »
needs to connect up to the inlet manifold plenum really, dont think there's anywhere convenient on the throttle body below the plate.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 05:35:37 pm »
yeah found that out this afternoon - gonna pop it in the manifold somewhere around the plenum, on the side i guess! Where is yours exactly hayesey?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 07:30:01 pm »
doesnt matter what side the whole plenum will get the same pressure, i think mine is teed into the pipe going from the bottom of the inlet to the aux air valve.  been a while since i looked at my car though so can hardly remember!

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »
cool cool ill have a look tomoz when i get the chance.. cheers guys

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 11:44:28 am »
Any update on this build Jez?

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 05:16:22 pm »
Lost motivation with it unfortunately. Bit tight for money at the moment also so not to keen on getting the last of the parts for it. Garage is a total mess! Generally a touchy subject with me at the moment  :( ! Thought about selling it off and trying to get some of the fortune i have spent on it back but i refuse to let it win. See what xmas and the new year brings i feel...

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »
All projects go through ups and downs mate, and loads get put on hold at some point due to money/work/etc. I think the worst thing you can do is sell it during a lull, I reckon most people come to regret selling part builds that they've put a lot of time, effort, and money into. Stick at it.

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 08:07:09 am »
I know that feeling! :(  Amazing how a polo folds in half without a roof and no cage, lol. :( :D  Biggest regret is binning mine, should have done a Nick Wilson (Dogwood) and rebuilt it over 6years, lol. :o 8)

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 02:28:37 pm »
that looks bloody awesome!

Offline G40motorsport

• Members
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 11:03:16 am »
Have you decided if your going to race?
Plan to give my car a run in Pre 93 with the classic touring car club next year.