Author Topic: G40 Peaks Rally - Accomodation booked - need numbers finalising  (Read 22986 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Right, discussed this and whilst tatton park is a cool chilled out show, its only a one dayer so people don't really bother with it. however what has been discussed is a g40 rally in the peaks the day before.

So this is a feeler to see who'd be interested
Start off with a spot of lunch and meet at the ladybower inn http://www.ladybower-inn.co.uk/
the go on the a57 (snake pass main manchester to sheffield road) to tintwhistle, then from tintwhistle to penistone on the woodhead pass (a second sheffield to manchester road - both are quite hilly undulating roads but can be quite busy, but have decent scenery for major a roads. Then over the strines (very hilly, very hairpinny) back to the meet point (all these are quite popular with bikers)

then going towards castleton (of blue john stone fame - with its caverns) there is a small campsite in a place called hope. Here we can camp, walk into castleton and have some beers at some of the many pubs/eateries. The whole journey is about 60 miles

http://www.multimap.com/directions/?qs_1=ladybower&countryCode_1=GB&qs_2=tintwhistle&countryCode_2=GB&qs_3=flouch&countryCode_3=GB&qs_4=ladybower&countryCode_4=GB&qs_5=Hope,%20Hope%20Valley,%20Derbyshire,%20England,%20S33%206&countryCode_5=GB&mode=driving&optimizeFor=quickest&mapData=858&lon_5=-1.74318&lat_5=53.34824&displayName_5=Hope,%20Hope%20Valley,%20Derbyshire,%20England,%20S33%206#map=53.3792,-1.72067|11|4

then the next day the show is about 30 miles away but we go through some more peak district roads from hope to buxton then on the famous cat and fiddle road and in an hour be at the show to chill all day.

anyone fancy it????

Pete
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:05:10 pm by peteg40 »

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: G40 Peaks Rally - Accomodation booked - need numbers finalising
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:43:22 pm »
Tatton Park is on the 10th of August I believe Dan so will be the day before. Should be top if we can get a few to this!

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Yep, sure am up for this :D  Makes a nice change from the normal show routine.

Here is a route i had in mind

Takes in Snakes Pass and Winnats Pass (near Castleton). As Pete mentioned, there are plenty of country pubs and campsites in this area. Lower black dot is the Lady Bower Inn, top black dot is the Ye olde mustard pot in Midhopestones if people wanted to meet there? Blue arrow route is for the hardcore hill climbers, takes in Strines Moor :scyth:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 08:36:17 pm by Nick_S »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
strines is a top route

Offline Andy

• Traders
I'd be up for it, depending on how things are going with moving/new job.

Offline chris2911

• Members
id be up for this  if the g40 gets there.

Offline Dougy

• Members
Got to say this is an ace drive for anyone who has not been on it.

Used to do it regular when Had my G on road

Great on a nice day and ladybower pub do a nice hot beef sandwhich

Just watch out for the bikers

Offline Max

• Members
If my car is all good I could try and get to this, maybe with Beavis to represent the South.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
10th august? Have to check my diary. If the cars running ok by then, i'm sure i could persuade th eother half that we should go.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
right - had a look and most campsites have a 'no single sex parties' and a 'quiet after 10.30pm'  and 'we reserve the right to remove you from accomodation' clause. So wherever would need to be near a pub - then go back for sleeps.

this looks ok  http://www.peakpub.co.uk/camping  Â£10 a night for the dorm with the pub below. And 1 hrs drive over the cat and fiddle road the next day.

what do people think?>>
Pete

My idea would be to book individually at a campsite - therefore not arousing

Offline G-spot

• Members
Been avioiding commiting myself to this event, but before I do, are we talking about having a meet & drive on the 9th, with a stop over for the show on the 10th?  Reason is that I've got other commitments on the 10th but would like to meet up with everyone if possible to put faces to names etc.

Anyone else traveling up from South Wales area??

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Sat 9th August - meet at lunch at the ladybower inn (on the first post!)- drive around the peak district - some really good driving roads.  
Sat evening - Find somewhere to stay (camping or barn place) and have a meal/some beers but not get too rowdy!!!!
Sunday 10th -  up early, drive to Tatton park (about an hour tops from the peaks towards chester and hopefully over the cat and fiddle road - supposed to be ace driving) and Man the Club G40 stand at VW north west (decent show - mostly aircooled) It costs about £6 to get in (which covers the stand etc too)

then sunday go home!

any questions - just ask!
who fancies it

Offline chris2911

• Members
sound good. do we pay for acomadation in advance or on the day.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
I've had a change of job, so I won't know if I've got that weekend free for a few weeks. If I can, I'll come.

Offline G-spot

• Members
Despite much dilema, I think I'm up for a full weekend, still unsure of whether my wife and son are with me?

coming to rally
peteg40
samg40
chris2911
hayesey
yoof
Raw (Andy)
G-spot (Jason)

b) staying over
peteg40
samg40
chris2911