Author Topic: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information  (Read 6141 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:13:36 am »
This concerns anyone who is attending the complete Rally and Tatton Park show weekend.  People who are only going to the show itself on Sunday and are on the stand don't really need to read this, info for you is in the separate thread by Dan Knight.

We now have the route finalised and you can find all the info you should need on the main website here:

http://www.polog40.co.uk/rally_vwnw_2008.php

This includes links to googlemaps showing the routes for both days (saturday is the rally and sunday is the trip to tatton park which also takes in some interesting roads including the famous "Cat & Fiddle").  

Itinerary is this:

Code: [Select]
1:30pm Starting Point - http://www.ladybower-inn.co.uk
The Ladybower Inn, Bamford. Hope Valley, Derbyshire - S33 0AX  01433 651 241

Out of pub turn left on A57, after 2 miles turn left – marked STRINES.

Then at end turn left onto A616, then left at roundabout to A628.

2:00pm - You should pass the  Dog and Partridge pub S36 4HH on Manchester road A628 (15miles)

2:25pm - Then to Glossop via torside B6105 – 15 miles

Towards Sheffield A57 Snake Road

Turn right on to A6013 Ashopton Road –Through Bamford

2:45pm - Second Meeting point, mid way !!   At the lights you’ll find Sickleholme garage S33 0EB  15 miles 25 mins.
Probably can’t stop here long, but can get fuel/food if needs be, lost people catch up! Depart 3ish

Turn right towards at lights castleton, through Castleton and Turn left up to winnets pass

3:15pm - Take right fork A6187 towards chapel en le frith and slackhall 10 miles

3:40pm - Near Slackhall  take A623 then B6465 then A6 to bakewell   14 miles

3:55pm - Then B5055 to the finishing point 6 miles

Finishing point - Royal Oak -  http://www.peakpub.co.uk/camping 01298 83288
The Royal Oak, Hurdlow, Nr Buxton, SK17 9QJ

You don't need to print this out, we will give out sheets on the day with this info on it.  You will also get the mobile numbers of the organisers in case you get lost at any point.  

Important:
Can I please ask any one who will be attending to PM me their current mobile numbers in case we need to contact you last minute with any changes?

See you all on Saturday!

cheers,
Paul.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:14:48 am by hayesey »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:36:37 am »
nice one mate...

as said, this will be probably a nice jaunt round some nice scenery, as opposed to careering round bends!!!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:14:06 pm »
yes as it says on the web page, these are public roads so there will no doubt be lots of traffic about, speed cameras, police etc...etc... we won't be racing around.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 09:26:17 pm »
Great work there Paul, will be a good weekend. Deffo watch out for fixed cameras on the A628 (Woodhead Pass) and mobile camera vans on the A57, particularly near Lady Bower reservoir. Roads are not in the best of condition either, so best heed the advice and drive sensibly for the conditions.

Is there a reason you have done points B and C that way round for the saturday? Snakes Pass is best on the descent, so i would be inclined to swap B and C around. We can leave that to see what the weather holds on they day though?

Here is an aerial of Winnats Pass for those interested. Its the gorge south of Castleton and looks like we will be ascending it from the route.

http://www.multimap.com/s/DOzKfZfT
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:28:08 pm by Nick_S »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 09:30:05 pm »
well I'll guess we'll see what happens on the day.  Pete sorted the route out as I don't know which are the good roads round there really (i.e. it's all his fault :) ).  Are you coming Nick?

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38:29 pm »
Aye will be there for the rally and show. Hopefully someone will bring along a video camara because Winnats Pass is pretty steep and confined, so we should get quite a bit of echo!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Club G40 Rally and VW-NW weekend final information
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 09:43:14 pm »
I could half-inch my mate's camcorder since he's left it at my house. :)

I need to buy a roll cage mount though
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:43:37 pm by hayesey »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
nick - either way is fine on snake - can do it either way - doesn't really matter!! we just needed a route!